Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giving up my M6 tomorrow for p90d. having remorse help ease my mind!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a 2 yr old M6 gran coupe loaded to the gills and I love driving it. I am having someone take over my lease (picking it up tomorrow). And I have an inventory p90d, also fully loaded, on the way to Florida as we speak. However I have never owned a tesla and I am having remorse about letting go of my M6 all of the sudden. If I loved it maybe I shouldn't have let it go? Someone help me feel at peace with my decision! Please?

So I have a 2 yr old M6 gran coupe loaded to the gills and I love driving it. I am having someone take over my lease (picking it up tomorrow). And I have an inventory p90d, also fully loaded, on the way to Florida as we speak. However I have never owned a tesla and I am having remorse about letting go of my M6 all of the sudden. If I loved it maybe I shouldn't have let it go? Someone help me feel at peace with my decision! Please?
Why not keep both and drive them side-by-side for a week or two.

We have been big BMW fans for years... We still kept our '01 X5 (for sentimental reasons) but I keep killing the 12V from non-use of the car... I have to remind myself to start it every week or so...

We own a Roadster and an S.

No worries, I had an M6 and I don't miss it one bit. You will find that you enjoy the electric ride far more.
Another note ... I found that my forged M6 wheels are a perfect fit on the Model S ... and they are 10lbs lighter :cool:

IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG

Reactions: bhzmark and Jaff
I just took delivery of my S 90D last Friday and I will never look back. This is the way driving should be. I have a destination charging station at my restaurant. It is used every day by Tesla owners visiting Sequoia National Park. Next time you get the itch for some nature stop by The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge in Three Rivers, California. We are just 1/4 mile from the park entrance. Happy motoring!

No worries, I had an M6 and I don't miss it one bit. You will find that you enjoy the electric ride far more.
Another note ... I found that my forged M6 wheels are a perfect fit on the Model S ... and they are 10lbs lighter :cool:

View attachment 180982 View attachment 180983
thanks for all the replies thus far. It is helping me with my sellers remorse. I am excited about owning something so new and different and forward thinking. Sometimes it's just hard to let go of what we know we like! Like many of you have said once I launch ludicrous mode a few times I'm sure the remorse will end.

You will forget the M6 quickly. I rode with some friends yesterday in an old school ICE vehicle. Seriously a could not believe how much better my model S is compared to an ICE vehicle and I am a gearhead.

I am waiting to demo an Alta Motorcycle Friday - I cannot wait to have a performance electric motorcycle.

Reactions: Jaff
Can't speak for M6 but I kept my E92 M3. I think you still need a vehicle that you can actually drive to fulfill your awesomeness if you are able.
I don't expect many people here on TMC to understand driving enjoyment that some of appreciate.

Not saying Tesla isn't fun, but you know what I mean....

Reactions: p-f-g
I gave up my M6 and don't regret it. The M6 was fun to drive, but you had to really drive it agressively to get the power, acceleration and handling that you get with everyday driving in the Tesla. You will feel the extra weight of the Tesla compared the the M6.

Reactions: Jaff
Holy smokes, how my Ex-M6 owners do we have here?

To me, Tesla cannot possibly replace real driver's car such as M cars, Porsche GT3, GT4 etc.
I take my cars to track often and Tesla P90D or P200D cannot come even close to ICE cars.

If you like drag racing and doesn't use your ICE car like what it meant to be driven, Tesla will be enough for you.

Certain ICE cars compliment the Model S perfectly.

Like I have a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I honestly don't mind driving it. Sure it's a completely different experience, but I just don't get the whole "Ugh, this is so awful" element of it.

I might get a new BMW M2 to compliment the Tesla one of these days. I agree with the poster above that you can't really get the same feeling in a large electric car as a true drivers car. My last true drivers car I had was a Cayman S, and I still miss it. I turned it in after the lease and then got a Range Rover Sport Supercharged. I don't miss that one since it never really fit my personality.

Sometimes it's also important to have a car that just fits you.

Isn't an M6 kind of big and heavy to begin with? Not that different from the S?

Yes it is an elephant. But hearing exhaust note, evolving driving (not as much as other manual vehicles) is not comparable with a Tesla.

Perhaps I am thinking this wrong a bit.. M6 isn't really a "Track capable Car"... I think I picked the wrong argument.

My apologies.

OP, sell your darn M6!!! haha

• Disagree
Reactions: hiroshiy
Not specifically M6 related but...

Borrowed a friend's BMW X a few weekends ago. (Actually she borrowed my pickup truck and left her X5 with me.) I've had a couple BMW's in the past, but none recently with the new entertainment/nav/control system.

Holy f*** confusing! The BMW controls and displays were so un-intuitive. And the little screen for the nav and nav diagrams were garbage compared to the MS.

So this past week her husband borrows the truck again and leaves a Mercedes C class. Was not impressed compared to the MS. And what's the point of having paddle shifters if it defaults back to automatic when you rev high and don't upshift! At least the entertainment/nav controls were better than the BMW ;-)

Unless you were tracking the M6, I highly doubt you will miss it. Not that it's the same but I traded a Dinan 535i on the P85D and haven't ever given another thought to the BMW (which I really liked). I recently picked up a GT4 to have something that is nearly the total opposite of the Tesla and for track use. But I still drive the Tesla far, far more.