Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glad I didn't wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of those owners who originally was in the model 3 camp and decided to not wait and get a model s on the low end.

I'm so glad I didn't wait. Not that the model 3 is not a great vehicle. I just still feel that after tonight's reveal that the S is still a much better car.

In addition to not having to wait and driving the best car on the road today. The options I would have added to the 3 to make it a car I would like bumps up the price to nearly model s territory.

I'll still pickup a 3 as a second car especially if the federal rebate is still available. But I'm so glad I didn't wait.

I am very pleased with my decision. Nothing against the model 3, but I live on the east coast, so I'd want the D model 3, which appears will cost around 50k with the premium package and EAP. I am assuming the D model will be 5k more and you won't be forced to upgrade to the largest range(for 9k more) which I don't really need. That becomes 42k after rebates. I ended up with a practically brand new CPO 2015 85D this past January for 71k. So basically for 30k more I got better range, nicer interior, the car when I want it without waiting 2 more years and most important, a larger sedan which was the most important factor since we have 2 small kids. Coming from a 328, the model 3 would have been too much of a lateral move from a sizing perspective.

Everyone has different requirements and budgets. Like mentioned above, besides price, space is the biggest differentiator between the 3 and S.

I was one of those owners who originally was in the model 3 camp and decided to not wait and get a model s on the low end.

I'm so glad I didn't wait. Not that the model 3 is not a great vehicle. I just still feel that after tonight's reveal that the S is still a much better car.

In addition to not having to wait and driving the best car on the road today. The options I would have added to the 3 to make it a car I would like bumps up the price to nearly model s territory.

I'll still pickup a 3 as a second car especially if the federal rebate is still available. But I'm so glad I didn't wait.
My situation exactly.
Reserved day 1, couldn't wait, got a S75D, loving every minute.
Even worse, here in Australia the estimated delivery for the 3 is 2019!

Reactions: KidDoc and GSP
@denob
There will always be hater on the internet so expect disagree here and there.

Back to the topic at hand. I think my model s resale value has gone up after the event. A comparable model 3 to my AWD model s will cost around $60K and be delivered in late 2018. There is no way i am will to wait that long for a pricy inferior car to my model s. So i am in the camp that is glad I snatched up the model s when I did.