TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Glad no dealer to "work" with.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Science fan, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Science fan

Science fan Member

I helped my brother-in-law look for a new car two days ago. We went to a Kia dealer in West Palm Beach, Florida, his first choice. Cars we thought would retail in the low $20,000 range were actually in the high $20,000 range. It was a mystery to us what had happened until we took a close look at an added sticker. They had added $4,995 for a "South Florida surcharge." Looking at the potential buyers in this moderately busy showroom, it seemed that many of them worked hard for their money and it was all I could do to stop myself from telling each one of them about the scam. My brother-in-law refused to buy from a dealer who showed his willingness to cheat so openly and decided on a different brand of car.

I am just so happy that buying my 'S' deprived a shady dealership the opportunity to profit. Go Tesla!!!

2. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Active Member

Remember the Miata convertible???? Its MSRP was around 10k but dealer mark-ups were close to 20K......it was the first new convertible that was made after a long hiatus

• Like x 1