Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roadster Top - New Group buy (May 2013)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add another, I'm in as well.

Welcome aboard dddozier! I believe you make #9 (that's what David tells me our total order is up to). I got my invoice this afternoon, so this is the formal end of the group buy. I assume others have their invoices also.

As a practical matter, I am pretty sure that if you've been on the fence, but decided to call David really soon (next day or two), then he would probably extend the group buy rate to you (but that's not a guarantee, or even something I've asked of him). Just a practical description of how this is working in practice.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you give us some hints about these news concerning the Roadster coming this summer? :)

Raffy - it's all of these new glass tops that will be driving about. We'll have a pretty decent % of Roadsters under glass at this rate!

Hi all, I know it will be a few weeks before you get the glass roofs but please share your experiences when you get them. I was on the fence of joining the group buy but my wife wisely suggested we wait to hear how you all like it first to get a larger sample size. Thanks!

I'm only just seeing this thread. I'd be interested in the group buy, but it looks like that has passed. So I may be on my own.

Does anyone have a link to clear, concise and specific ordering information?

Looking forward to seeing more pictures; especially something showing the mounting/installation.

I'm only just seeing this thread. I'd be interested in the group buy, but it looks like that has passed. So I may be on my own.

Does anyone have a link to clear, concise and specific ordering information?

Looking forward to seeing more pictures; especially something showing the mounting/installation.

Scottfe - earlier in this thread, post #20, has the details for placing an order:
Glass Roadster Top - New Group buy (May 2013) - Page 2

My suggestion is to call David at MrFiat - I would say there is a reasonable chance that he will extend the group buy price to you and add 1 more to his order with the factory. It can't hurt to ask, and it sounds like the tops won't necessarily arrive all at once (in which case adding one more is another day of labor for the artisans in Italy!)

Mounting the top is very similar to mounting the Tesla Hard Top..... Same brackets same clips ... The instructions given are adequate to figure out how to mount it...... Read the instructions when top comes in then ask questions if you can't decipher the translation. This is not a problem!

I have just spoken with Maurizio. He told that for the moment no video is available showing the mounting/installation of the glass top. But as soon as possible he will realize such a video.

If you look at it for 3 minutes it is obvious how to install it. It may take a few drives and tinkering with the various tie down spots to get it installed just right (no sounds when driving), but how to install it is pretty obvious - especially with the instructions.