TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Glass roof- Ceramic tint or Sun Shade?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Bryan L, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Bryan L

Bryan L Member

I am trying to decide if I should purchase the roof sun shade that Tesla makes or just have my tint guy ceramic tint it. The tint may look better but I am also afraid of getting the headliner wet since they use a lot of water in the install. Has anyone done the ceramic tint and are you happy with it? Thanks!

2. Kim Ramey

Kim Ramey New Member

Wondering the same thing.

3. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

I have a MX..... about the same thing. I got a free shade when I bought it, but frankly rarely use it. I'm not that much bothered by the problem, but I I guess it can be a pain in the eyeballs at times. I did ceramic tint on the windows other than windshield and glad I did.

4. reheat

reheat Member

Many people have done the roof glass tint without issue. I personally have ceramic tint on all the windows but not on the roof as I found the factory roof tint adequate enough for a sunny day that I don't feel too much heat coming through.