Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roof Flaw?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MS yesterday. Had Xpel installed today and while looking over the whole car when they were finished I noticed this on the leading edge of the glass roof. It looks like its inside the glass, like the black coating on the edges is scraped away in this area. Mine issue is on the passenger side and nowhere else.
  1. Any other glass roof owners have similar issue?
  2. What do you think I should do about it?
IMG_20170303_001514.jpg

I have the pano roof on a 13 P85+, the edges of my front glass seemed to be bubbling although you could not feel them. Took it in, it was a day fix. They replace the whole front glass. Got the car back and at first, there was enough wind noise to sound like I had a window cracked and the top had such a bowing type effect (wish I took pics). Took it back in, 10 min fix. There is no more bowing but there is still a slight wind/ whistling noise, I'm debating on bringing it back but I am tired of the back and forth.

If I were you I'd think again about replacing it. Yes, it's annoying, but it's purely cosmetic and not in your face. I doubt the SC will get the new glass sealed as well as factory.
Better than factory!

I picked up my brand new model S and the pano roof leaked after I washed it.
Service center replaced the rubber seals.

Better than new... literally.

I picked up my brand new model S and the pano roof leaked after I washed it.
Service center replaced the rubber seals.

Yea if there was an actual problem (e.g., leak, whistle, etc) I'd have no doubts about replacing it. @andrewkt has a good point, and it's the exact one I'm nervous about: turning a cosmetic blemish into an actual problem.