TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Glass Roof option in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by lonewolf313, Dec 20, 2016.

1. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Has anyone ordered the glass roof option for the the Model S ?

I am considering ordering it for my Model 3

I assume the panoramic roof would be similar. How hot would it be inside the car on a summer's day in Sydney ?

2. ahm

ahm Member

Here in Tucson, AZ I have a S with the pano roof. Personally I don't think the interior gets any hotter having the pano roof than a car with a metal roof. In the summer it's HOT! That being said, what I like about the pano roof in the summer is with the app I can vent the roof and turn on the AC before I head out to the car. I know with an all glass roof the venting is not possible, but the app should have AC functionallyti for the 3.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

What @ahm said plus I have opened my Pano roof a few times in summer only to close it soon after when the heat of the sun makes it uncomfortable. The metallic film in the glass roof is very effective, with it closed I have never felt too hot from the sun.