Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roof...questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have seen a set of photos circulating around showing the all glass roof on the MS. I just ordered this on my MS but wondering what the heat situation may be like? I am in SOCAL and my SA told me this doesnt have a screen shade but wil block out majority of the sun. Is this true ya'll think?

FWIW I can definitely feel the heat from the sun more with my model X with its large windshield. While it has UV coating it doesn't get rid of heat. We drive with the mesh sunshade all the time and can still feel the heat going through when the sun is in sight. It's November now but the temperature has been quite high during the day here in SoCal. I am still using the sunshade. Of course everyone's level of tolerance is different so your mileage may vary. I would only take what the SA says with a grain of salt. The glass roof is beautiful though. Good luck.

Reactions: NAVALARCHITECT
all a guess but it's probably more comparable to pano roof and not so much a windshield. the pano roof has a tint to it that is pretty dark.

i have the pano roof. i can't feel any heat and neither my passengers nor i are bothered by any sun getting through it. other than a glass roof that i can look out of, i wouldn't even know i have a pano roof.

Reactions: NAVALARCHITECT