Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roof Shade That Doesn't Sag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Search is your friend. "Sunshade" in advanced search.
There are a zillion threads on this already, and you'll benefit from reading about the dozen or so companies that make sunshades so you can make your own decision. Lots of opinions, for sure.

Reactions: Suns
Search is your friend. "Sunshade" in advanced search.
There are a zillion threads on this already, and you'll benefit from reading about the dozen or so companies that make sunshades so you can make your own decision. Lots of opinions, for sure.
I tried searching and haven't found any threads where there was a consensus. Lots of "it still kinda sags", etc.

I guess there still isn't one?

Sorry to be "that guy", but...if there WERE a consensus, it would be posted in those threads. We don't need yet another thread, as the database is already overwhelmed with multiple threads.

I used a small metal plate with an adhesive back and a small black magnet. It was originally a $10 cell phone holder for the dash I had used years ago. Works perfect, never know it's there. Super strong magnet. Hasn't moved at all for months. The sunshade is taunt, no sag.

My shade came with two of those, but I don't like having the disk up there when the shade is removed in the winter, so I am going to try the suction cup system gx9901 mentioned this spring when I put the sun shade back in place.

Keith

I found a suction cup/magnetic disc set that should help with sag. But I haven't tried it out since I got it in the middle of winter and didn't feel like putting up the sunshade (I have a Temai one). Seems like a good solution though.
Saw this on the site listed above.

1647010443716.png

I wonder if that will affect getting thru airport detectors? Does it come with a card that explains it to the TSA?

LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: Johnny Vector
I wish there was one that had a wire woven in that held the middle up.
That’s what I’m holding out for. A shade with two thin “spring” rods sewn in that will conform to the curve of the roof. I can’t believe nobody has produced one in the two years the MY’s been available. Tried magnets and suction cups and wasn’t really thrilled with either.