Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass roof sunshade for refresh Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a bald-headed-dude, I'm pretty sensitive to sunlight and warmth coming through the glass ceiling of my '22 Model S, even with extra tint applied. I had the same issue with my '20 MYP (RIP) and solved it nicely with a 2-piece sunshade from Amazon after first trying (and ditching) a 1-piece sunshade.

I've yet to find a 2-piece sunshade for the refreshed Model S. Anyone have one or know where they're sold?

I got the one piece one from Tesmanian

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the 1-piece solution. Sags like crazy and the magnet "fix" is crap. The 2-piece for the Y was perfect, zero sag and no shuffling sound when using the extra reflective layer.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Yes it does. It’s only my wife and I and two small dogs. So nobody notices. I’m 5’10” I forget I even have the sun shade.

You can use magnets to tuck it up that come with it but I preferred not use them.

We have the option of a 1-piece fixed glass roof and an openable sunroof from 2012–2020. They come with anti-sag magnets to prevent the sunshade from sagging.
1689561463699.png