Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass roof vs rear glass roof ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused about the glass roof options.

Premium Upgrades Package – $5,000 Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.
includes:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection

But the base $35,000 model comes with

Which features come standard with Model 3 for $35,000?
Model 3 is designed to be the safest car in its class, with 220 miles of range, and zero to 60 mph acceleration in 5.6 seconds. Standard features also include full self-driving hardware, Supercharging capability, a rear glass roof, a 15” touchscreen display, Wi-Fi and LTE internet connectivity, free over-the air software updates, full LED lighting, and an 8-year, 100,000 mile battery warranty.

I am confused about what the difference between the glass roof and rear glass roof. Does anyone have a picture?

there are 3 pieces of glass, front windshield, middle piece(above drivers head), back/rear glass

what would be metal is the middle piece above the drivers head.

there does that look to be a sunroof/moonroof/panoroof in any of the options

My take from the info released is that there is not a pano roof. The idea is to keep things simple for manufacturing.

I hear yea..but this is a reason I did not buy. Range Rover évoque. Beautiful roof...but did not open. I like air when I drive.

Sunroofs have been around for 50 years...so the manufacturing of them is pretty well established. I realize I am in the minority.,but def should be an option.

I am confused about the glass roof options.

Premium Upgrades Package – $5,000 Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.
includes:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection

But the base $35,000 model comes with

Which features come standard with Model 3 for $35,000?
Model 3 is designed to be the safest car in its class, with 220 miles of range, and zero to 60 mph acceleration in 5.6 seconds. Standard features also include full self-driving hardware, Supercharging capability, a rear glass roof, a 15” touchscreen display, Wi-Fi and LTE internet connectivity, free over-the air software updates, full LED lighting, and an 8-year, 100,000 mile battery warranty.

I am confused about what the difference between the glass roof and rear glass roof. Does anyone have a picture?

tesla-model-3-glass-roof-e1478279324136.jpg