Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roof & Water Spots

Briar_Reed

Aug 12, 2019
Monterey Bay Area
Hey, does anybody have experience using Invisible Glass "glass stripper" for removing water spots from the glass roof? Or recommend another product that does this well, without damage to the roof or it's coating?

I an in Norcal, and the recent ash from the local fires had been exposed to moisture and spotted my M3. I used Griot's Rinseless Wash & Wax to clean the car, which removed most all the spots from the painted areas, but didn't do as well on the glass roof.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

webbah

May 22, 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
Hey, does anybody have experience using Invisible Glass "glass stripper" for removing water spots from the glass roof? Or recommend another product that does this well, without damage to the roof or it's coating?

I an in Norcal, and the recent ash from the local fires had been exposed to moisture and spotted my M3. I used Griot's Rinseless Wash & Wax to clean the car, which removed most all the spots from the painted areas, but didn't do as well on the glass roof.

Do you have a polisher? I recommend Ceriglass from Carpro. Then apply protection to the glass afterwords.

Vipercat

Nov 25, 2018
The Netherlands
I use cleaning vinegar (50% vinegar / 50% water) as it breaks down the minerals that are causing the watermarks. Might do the job for you as well. No impact on the paint.

Reactions: KenC

untilcomplete

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
I used the acidic spot remover stuff before and although not visible to the naked eye, when the glass is wet, it is very visible where I used the product. In fact that one spot I used it on doesn’t have the florescent shimmering to it anymore when mist is on the glass. I’d recommend using the water and vinegar solution and a razor if needed.

Candleflame

Mar 9, 2015
QLD, Australia

Chemicalguys heavy duty waterspot remover (the orange one) will take off spots vinegar cant. in fact, it will also take off wax/sealant so you can only use it if you rewax/seal the car - otherwise you get weird.... negative spots (i.e. it looks like a big spot but its actually the fact that the surface is so clean that the surrounding seal/dirt etc makes it look like a spot)

• Helpful
Reactions: GTIceman

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC