Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roof & Water Spots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, does anybody have experience using Invisible Glass "glass stripper" for removing water spots from the glass roof? Or recommend another product that does this well, without damage to the roof or it's coating?

I an in Norcal, and the recent ash from the local fires had been exposed to moisture and spotted my M3. I used Griot's Rinseless Wash & Wax to clean the car, which removed most all the spots from the painted areas, but didn't do as well on the glass roof.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

Hey, does anybody have experience using Invisible Glass "glass stripper" for removing water spots from the glass roof? Or recommend another product that does this well, without damage to the roof or it's coating?

I an in Norcal, and the recent ash from the local fires had been exposed to moisture and spotted my M3. I used Griot's Rinseless Wash & Wax to clean the car, which removed most all the spots from the painted areas, but didn't do as well on the glass roof.

Do you have a polisher? I recommend Ceriglass from Carpro. Then apply protection to the glass afterwords.

I used the acidic spot remover stuff before and although not visible to the naked eye, when the glass is wet, it is very visible where I used the product. In fact that one spot I used it on doesn’t have the florescent shimmering to it anymore when mist is on the glass. I’d recommend using the water and vinegar solution and a razor if needed.

Chemicalguys heavy duty waterspot remover (the orange one) will take off spots vinegar cant. in fact, it will also take off wax/sealant so you can only use it if you rewax/seal the car - otherwise you get weird.... negative spots (i.e. it looks like a big spot but its actually the fact that the surface is so clean that the surrounding seal/dirt etc makes it look like a spot)

• Helpful
Reactions: GTIceman
I been seeing a lot of videos claiming that Meguiars Wheel Brightener removes water spots and is safe for clean coats, BUT IT IS NOT SAFE FOR GLASS! Has anyone used it on their car for water spots?