Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glenwood Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be sure and call the Supercharger support number (printed on the charger pedestals) and let them know about the situation. Not that they can do anything directly, but Tesla needs to know.

Are are the big orange barrels still there, pushed to the side? Glenwood has always had an ICIing problem, and the hotel was proactive in providing pavement markings (not helpful in the snow, obviously) and the barrels to help alleviate the issue.

Several months ago, I saw two maids from one of the hotels get into their large SUV, parked in one of the spots. I said something to them about it and they said they were told it's OK to park there in the morning, as it's not crowded. I called Tesla and passed this along to them. I also spoke with the manager on duty at that time and he said they were currently working with Tesla on a better solution.

Last edited:
The orange barrels were plowed into a snow bank and not it has frozen them in, there were some white cones that we're all stacked to the side.

I do have some contacts at tesla, they got an e-mail this morning.

Be sure and call the Supercharger support number (printed on the charger pedestals) and let them know about the situation. Not that they can do anything directly, but Tesla needs to know.

Are are the big orange barrels still there, pushed to the side? Glenwood has always had an ICIing problem, and the hotel was proactive in providing pavement markings (not helpful in the snow, obviously) and the barrels to help alleviate the issue.

Called and talked to the general manager today, politely explained what the blocked chargers mean to us. I have to say the staff at the hotel has been frendly and trying to help. I even suggested that if the need parking at night that the work out something that allow a few to be used late at night during peak demand, our local hotel does this and it has worked well. I also suggested that they put a sign in the front asking people not to park in them when they check in. I also told them that I am coming back through Friday night late and will need to charge, they said they would try and keep them open. If a few more people can call the hotel and politely explain the importance of this to them. The number is 970 928 0900, it is direct to the front desk.

Was there this past weekend in our ICE because didn't want the Tesla to get dirty and rock chipped on the drive. No ICEs in site... Great view of the mountains too.

Attachments

• glenwood springs SC.jpg
    glenwood springs SC.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 150
Tried to charge at the Glenwood Springs SC around 8:30 this morning and all spots were ICEd. The hotel said:
  • There is nothing they can do.
  • They don't have phone numbers for these drivers and they don't know what room they're in.
  • Police won't get involved.
  • Towing company wants $400 (from us, it sounds like) to get involved.
Based on reports I've read here and elsewhere about this SC, they should have said "We don't do anything about it when this happens. These drivers are our customers and they need a place to park. You aren't our customer. It's not our problem. Go away.". At least it would have been more honest.

So now we are limping below the speed limit with no AC to Silverthorne. Reported the situation to Tesla. Very frustrating to say the least.

IMG_3770.jpg

Tried to charge at the Glenwood Springs SC around 8:30 this morning and all spots were ICEd. The hotel said:
  • They don't have phone numbers for these drivers and they don't know what room they're in.
Based on reports I've read here and elsewhere about this SC, they should have said "We don't do anything about it when this happens. These drivers are our customers and they need a place to park. You aren't our customer. It's not our problem. Go away.". At least it would have been more honest.

So now we are limping below the speed limit with no AC to Silverthorne. Reported the situation to Tesla. Very frustrating to say the least.

View attachment 335448
The 2 times I've used Glenwood Springs, the hotel had traffic cones in each SC spot. Have they stopped doing this, or did the ICE cars move them?
At the risk of getting in trouble with the hotel, I would consider driving onto the sidewalk and charge from there if I couldn't make it to Silverthorne.

View attachment 335448

That is one of the worst superchargers for being iced, I would 100% climb the curb and charge from the grass/sidewalk if I it were iced and I needed that charge. The hotel there is also very grungy/disgusting and I would never stay there, not surprised at all they don't care the chargers are blocked.

That is one of the worst superchargers for being iced, I would 100% climb the curb and charge from the grass/sidewalk if I it were iced and I needed that charge. The hotel there is also very grungy/disgusting and I would never stay there, not surprised at all they don't care the chargers are blocked.
I would do the same. Suspension VERY HIGH!

I ran into this problem Friday night however there was one spot open. I reported the issue to the hotel staff and they said "Oh no, we're sorry. We'll see what we can do." which as of when we left was absolutely nothing. I then called Tesla's support and they also apologized for the inconvenience but there was nothing they could do. As for the cones, the ICE drivers move them instead of parking an extra 250 feet away from the hotel in the lot opposite the roundabout. I told one driver in a Porsche that was waiting for me to pull out about the overflow parking located here.

OCCPbPb1PqpcY4V5gxb2Y_apG23yI-PX1n_vNj09BmdPm8pkNSphNX0fPJddDRNqQpHvwpHM933ou02eZrKCh798SBXEVP7FOZ7pPqjYXxoZMeWnyDN5vRgdWAepz0POXsra4-OAtPs=w1409-h939-no

Last edited:
If anyone ever shows up and really can't plug in, it should be noted that the Aspen supercharger is the nearest alternate supercharger. So if you have 60+ rated miles remaining, you should be able to limp up there. Drive slow if you are <80 rated miles as there is a significant elevation gain.

Of course Aspen has some of the same issues. I plugged in there after midnight on a week night and half the spots were ICEd.

• Informative
Reactions: sdoorex
I ran into the exact same issue here on Friday...after the initial panic, it was just extremely frustrating. Only one spot open, and I had to wait for someone to finish charging.

Spoke to the Marriott manager, and he was understanding...it appears to be quite the catch-22, since no one wants to pay $400 to get a tow truck out here, so people keep ignoring the signs (and parking in the spots).

So I called Tesla, and the woman I spoke to had a decent suggestion: call the local police department's non-emergency number so they come out and issue parking tickets to all the vehicles. There is incentive here: not only is it their job, but a source of revenue for the department- so it could work! If any of you use this Supercharger soon, please let us know if you give that a try and any resulting outcome.

The more tickets are issued, the more likely people won't park here.

IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Knightowl
So I called Tesla, and the woman I spoke to had a decent suggestion: call the local police department's non-emergency number so they come out and issue parking tickets to all the vehicles. There is incentive here: not only is it their job, but a source of revenue for the department- so it could work! If any of you use this Supercharger soon, please let us know if you give that a try and any resulting outcome.

Wow, I can't believe they actually said something so *um* wrong. This is private property. The police have no responsibility nor jurisdiction to issue parking tickets. The property owner would be VERY upset if the police did this (which they would not).

AFIK Colorado has no law regulating this issue. Now, California has a watered down law, but it intentionally (by Tesla and the property owners) does not apply to Superchargers. No doubt the support person is in California, as well as being misinformed.

Reactions: mociaf9
I ran into the exact same issue here on Friday...after the initial panic, it was just extremely frustrating. Only one spot open, and I had to wait for someone to finish charging.

Spoke to the Marriott manager, and he was understanding...it appears to be quite the catch-22, since no one wants to pay $400 to get a tow truck out here, so people keep ignoring the signs (and parking in the spots).

First, the manager is NOT being understanding. They are the problem. They are allowing this to happen. Maybe with all of the Model 3s on the road now, this will become enough of a hassle that they will do something about it.

Second, the police won't come out. That's what the hotel advised us when this happened to us. I don't think it's illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdoorex