Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glimpse Into Model X Assembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can see the innards of the Falcon Wing at 2:22

image.png

Tesla Allows Cameras In Fremont Factory For Rare Tour CBS San Francisco

As usual, so many errors in that news report...
The report states that people who take the factory tour have to "surrender" their smartphones and cameras because photos are not allowed. Yes, photos are not allowed but I've taken 3 factory tours and I never had to relinquish possession of my smartphone, I was simply told not to use it to take photos.
The report says that Tesla makes the 17" screen display in the factory. That is obviously incorrect. Tesla does not manufacture LCD displays in the Fremont plant. It buys them.
I could go on...

Seems that the cars are batched by paint color. All dark colors on the same line, but couldn't tell if other parts of line were red cars, or just protective film on those vehicles getting earlier work done before battery coupling. Thoughts?

THAT'S MY CAAAAR !.... color :smile:
Nice to see video. One thing he says that is not exactly true - no surprise - is that almost no one gets to see the battery being attached to the vehicle. The "almost no one" part is the assembly of the battery itself. Word awhile back was that the tour went through the elusive second floor of the factory, where the cells are put into packs, during the the expansion/retooling for the X etc. Did anyone get to see the birth of a pack?!