Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glimpse of M3 Assemble Line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any early reservation holder that thought they'd be able to accurately time a lease they were entering into over a year and half before production was even scheduled to start was deluding themselves.

Of course it is, it's based on the same info, given by the same people, why would you think it wasn't?

No. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

No, it's just an objective.

You aren't going to get a "truthful" estimate. They don't know all the facts so they can't guarantee anything. Could they not say anything at all? Sure, but that isn't in their nature. Since you obviously have no confidence in anything that they say, post, tweet, or report maybe you should just stop looking for info, avoid the forums, and just wait for your email inviting you to configure. It seems like you would be happier that way.
What would make me and others happy is the truth.

Tesla can say whatever they want to you no matter if its true or not. No matter if its wrong or if they totally miss the mark.

Petition to add tow hitch to Model 3 <---------- Here I'm defending Tesla on the tow hook. There are other truth seekers out there looking for Tesla to provide the truth for a change.

It does not matter what you think will or won't happen. You are off topic.

WHAT DID TESLA SAY they would do? That's the topic.

FWIW, you did say "what do you think?" at least twice. He was more or less sharing your bitter brew, and you kicked him in the berries.

It's easy to read these things in the wrong tone. If I imagine your posts being spoken by "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski, or Mr Pink from Reservoir Dogs, it's two vastly different tones. These people are getting more Mr Pink. We don't know you. (even if reputation precedes you)

FWIW, you did say "what do you think?" at least twice. He was more or less sharing your bitter brew, and you kicked him in the berries.

It's easy to read these things in the wrong tone. If I imagine your posts being spoken by "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski, or Mr Pink from Reservoir Dogs, it's two vastly different tones. These people are getting more Mr Pink. We don't know you. (even if reputation precedes you)
WHAT?

Well can't believe I'm taking his side in this, but you can't have option 3 "production difficulties sorted out" and be running the frame assembly robots at 1/10 normal speed in order to continue tuning them.

Full speed production means the robots are working at full speed on frames, not 10% speed.
Running the line at 1/10th the speed might be where they wanted to be 3 weeks ago before we heard anything about product difficulties. We don't have any idea what speed they were expecting to be running at this point, nor do we have any idea what 1/10 speed for this particular part of the line means in terms of total units.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Well can't believe I'm taking his side in this, but you can't have option 3 "production difficulties sorted out" and be running the frame assembly robots at 1/10 normal speed in order to continue tuning them.

Full speed production means the robots are working at full speed on frames, not 10% speed.

So what is full speed production in this context? I'm thinking that means the ~500k per year/10k per week goal to exit 2018 with.

If that was to be completed without adding more lines, 10% speed on that line is still 1k per week, 4k per month - far above what Tesla has demonstrated or even really expected by right now.

Reactions: Runt8
Running the line at 1/10th the speed might be where they wanted to be 3 weeks ago before we heard anything about product difficulties. We don't have any idea what speed they were expecting to be running at this point, nor do we have any idea what 1/10 speed for this particular part of the line means in terms of total units.
That tweet was from 22 hours ago. We do indeed know where they are now.

WHAT?

You said that we don't know where they expected to be.....I say .....yes we do.. 1500 last month. period. There is no need to correlate anything.
You are the one who posted the link to the assembly line video. You were attempting to correlate it to the number of vehicles produced as some sort of proof that the ramp up isn't proceeding and the delivery estimates will need to change. That's what I would like you to explain.

So what is full speed production in this context? I'm thinking that means the ~500k per year/10k per week goal to exit 2018 with.

If that was to be completed without adding more lines, 10% speed on that line is still 1k per week, 4k per month - far above what Tesla has demonstrated or even really expected by right now.

I don't think you understand.

What Elon showed on Instragram was a video, from I would assume this past weekend, of the robots operating at 10% the speed they normally work at.

In the assembly line turn-up process this is done so that you can have a human inspecting the work the robots are doing and continue programming them and make adjustments.

It would be very odd to be cranking out large numbers of frames if the robots are still at this stage of programming.

I could be wrong, but betting I'm not.