Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glimpse of M3 Assemble Line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying that Tesla has to miss marrks because they are new? They are missing timing promises because they haven't done this before? etc. Is that what you are saying?

I don't buy that at all.

They have enough money and such to get anything they want done. They surpassed just about all car makers financially. Tesla isn't a mom and pop company. They have enough money to pay and ask their project managers how to not miss marks. For goodness sake....many of their PM's and engineers came from AUDI and such. It doesn't matter how many cars they do or don't make.
You cannot just throw money at a problem to make it go away. The real world does not work that way. Sure, there some things that could be expedited with additional resources, but there are even more that cannot.

All Tesla has to do is say nothing.

Say nothing until they know its true. No one is forcing them to make these promises and predictions.
This is rather strange coming from the person that frequently posts complaining about the lack of communication.

Reactions: Runt8
You cannot just throw money at a problem to make it go away. The real world does not work that way. Sure, there some things that could be expedited with additional resources, but there are even more that cannot.

This is rather strange coming from the person that frequently posts complaining about the lack of communication.

Oh stop. Sure you can throw money at a problem. That's just not true that you can't throw money at a problem. For Tesla's problems they can afford to hire anyone they need. There are tons of geniuses that will work for a blank check. I work in that industry and know for sure that Money is a fool proof motivator.

My problem again concerning communication ( unless you have been living under a rock ) is that Tesla isn't communicating the truth concerning predictions, promises and the like.

For instance Elon posted ( communicated ) a picture of some robots welding model 3 body panels at 10% speed. 10% the speed of what? Elon communicated, but he didn't say anything.

• Disagree
You assert: "Elon does not say anything about estimating."

Yet Elon's posts regarding production numbers are qualified with "should", which clearly indicates they are estimates.

Hence my question: how do you reconcile your assertion with Elon's tweet?
No he doesn't. he doesn't say should.

Either we are going to talk about the truth here or not. I've posted videos ( like the FSD video ) where he says nothing about "should". The moderator asked when FSD will be possible Elon started giving dates while adding details about driving from California to New York. He wasn't asked any of that..... he offered it without a "should".

Oh stop. Sure you can throw money at a problem. That's just not true that you can't throw money at a problem.
The rest of his quote is the importart part. You conveniently ignored
You cannot just throw money at a problem to make it go away.

I work in that industry and know for sure that Money is a fool proof motivator.
You're a network manager for AT&T.....Not manufacturing, not electric vehicles, not autonomous driving...

Either we are going to talk about the truth here or not. I've posted videos ( like the FSD video ) where he says nothing about "should". The moderator asked when FSD will be possible Elon started giving dates while adding details about driving from California to New York. He wasn't asked any of that..... he offered it without a "should".
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk said:
Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on the 28th! Production grows exponentially, so Aug SHOULD be 100 cars and Sept above 1500.

elonshouldtweet.PNG

Either we are going to talk about the truth here or not.
Indeed.

Then you:

A) Missed where I said "posts" , not "video"

B) Have learned that one must be careful making absolute assertions
I have learned? What?

That's been my whole premise. Everything Elon and/or Tesla says is an absolute assertion. That's the entire problem.
People are saying that it's ok if he posts 1500 cars - we will scale that to +/- 1300.

AND I don't care if its a post \ video \ email or social media. When a CEO says something.....it counts.

• Disagree
Reactions: Chewy3
I have learned? What?

That's been my whole premise. Everything Elon and/or Tesla says is an absolute assertion. That's the entire problem.
People are saying that it's ok if he posts 1500 cars - we will scale that to +/- 1300.

AND I don't care if its a post \ video \ email or social media. When a CEO says something.....it counts.

Well, clearly his tweet wasn't an absolute assertion.

Got a link to that video?

Clearly? really? NOT.

That tweet reverberated all over wall street. +/- 1300.
So just because multiple people can't read it changes what was written?

Let's see here:

Most of this behind a paywall, but they get this wrong and cite a "promised 1,500 Model 3s".

You just get this one wrong, the headline uses the term "goal" and the text admits it's a "predicted" 1500 cars

This site is inconsistent: it uses "promised" in the headline, but cites Elons tweet (with the phrase "should") as the source. Yet in the body it uses "predicted"

You also get this one wrong: the text uses "predicted" and Musk's "expectation".

Strike three for @Garlan Garner... the body says "its goal of producing 1,500 of its new Model 3..."

So all of these people are wrong
No, it's you that is wrong on several of these.

Lets just move on.
Well that's convenient when you assert something that you've yet to support.

Seeing as none of your sources here cite anything other than the tweet, how about that video you refer to where you claim Elon made the statement and " does not say anything about estimating."?

Well then, absent any evidence tot he contrary, it's clear that Elon qualified the production goals they "should" reach... mischaracterization by investment journalists and forum members notwithstanding.
@Garlan Garner stopped replying to my posts after I caught him in too many lies. I assume at some point he puts you on 'ignore' lol.
Anyone know which part this is stamping?
Lots of guessing here

I don't think its an externally exposed part, probably some piece of the floor pan.