Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glimpse of M3 Assemble Line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure I got a glimpse of the M3 assembly line at the Fremont factory. I could see two bodies in this line from where I was standing.

How can I tell these are M3s? The tail lamp is flipped up on M3s vs S - you can see that in the pic.

You can't see it in the pic but from I could also make out the trunk shape of the M3 on the back vs the hatchback. So fairly certain these are M3 bodies.

This is visible from the Fremont factory supercharger. So anyone planning to charge there can check it out.

index.php
index.php

Attachments

• IMG_7717 (1).jpg
    IMG_7717 (1).jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_7717 (2).jpg
    IMG_7717 (2).jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they have a few M3 bodies running in a continuous loop on an overhead conveyor placed near a window.

Could this be a devious plot to fool anyone "spying" on the production line into thinking that M3 production is proceeding at great speed?

Sorry, Seems we're bombarded with real and fake conspiracies these days. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference...this one is fake, I think...probably.

Pretty sure I got a glimpse of the M3 assembly line at the Fremont factory. I could see two bodies in this line from where I was standing.

How can I tell these are M3s? The tail lamp is flipped up on M3s vs S - you can see that in the pic.

You can't see it in the pic but from I could also make out the trunk shape of the M3 on the back vs the hatchback. So fairly certain these are M3 bodies.

This is visible from the Fremont factory supercharger. So anyone planning to charge there can check it out.

View attachment 252575 View attachment 252576

Now Elon will install a sunshade..

I don't understand what people are expecting from a car production line. Obviously it's going to take a long time to tweak all the robots to do exactly what you want, and during this process, you're still producing cars that you're not throwing away. Naturally this is what a ramp up looks like. The other manufacturers can do it faster because they're working off of the same vehicle platform, with parts that have been in production for decades. The model 3 is a brand new vehicle platform with brand new types of parts.