TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Glitch in the window

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Seawind300, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Seawind300

Seawind300 Member

I noticed an issue with my rear drivers side window. As you pull the handle to open the door, the window drops 1/2 inch as normal but when the door is closed again, the window does not return to the closed position. If I open and close the door 6 or 7 times, the window will be fully down. All the other door windows work great, just this one won't return when the door is closed. I can still put it up or down with the window switches. Any ideas??

Mike

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I have had that happen before. The first time I had it happen I was getting my windows tinted and we had flipped the latches to make the windows go up all the way with the doors open. With the drivers door opened and the window up all the way the rear door windows would go down when the door was opened but not go back up. Later on, the drivers door did it by itself and I reset the main screen and it quit doing it.

3. Seawind300

Seawind300 Member

Main screen reset and all is right in the world of windows!!!

Many Thanks, Mike

4. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member

Somewhere with this there's a joke about having to restart windows...

• Love x 2
  5. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Interesting, oddly i had similar yesterday too. Solved the same way..hahah

6. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Could you tell me where this override switch is located (for use in tinting and cleaning)? (Using the normal switch just raises the window to the "almost closed" position). Thanks!

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It's not a switch that you push, it't the door latch itself. All you have to do is take a screw driver (or any round screwdriver like thing) and push the door latch to the closed position. When you are finished, just pull the interior door handle and the latch will pop back open.

8. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Thanks, duh. Safer than a switch too since you can't close the door with the screwdriver wedged in and crunch the window.

9. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Well, you don't usually leave the screwdriver in the latch but you could if you want that extra reminder.