Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitches on the Tesla App for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that some people are having issues. I run the app on a Motorola RAZR Maxx HD and Xoom tablet with no problems. It connects within 5 seconds.
I also run VT 24/7.

I have an early car still running on the original servers and have heard that the new Tesla servers have connection and throttling issues.

Old thread, but the problem seems to still exist. I can only occasionally get the Android app to connect to the car. It's kind of useless as it is.
I think the problem was that the wifi connection when parked in my garage is very weak so what was happening was the connection essentially didn't work even though it showed as connected. I shut off wifi to force it to 3G and now the app can connect pretty quickly.

My Android app exhibits a different problem. It connects fine and all the tabs work fine except the location tab. When tapped, the map comes up briefly with the arrow indicating my position and orientation, but within a second or two a popup appears stating the Tesla app has stopped. I'm given the choice to report (I think to Google Play) or just OK.

This happens whether the phone is set to keep GPS on high accuracy or use wifi for location. Same whether shut down with home or back and uninstall/reinstall. Maps in the car work just fine.

Hope Tesla devs get around to fixing the bugs. Could there be a legal privacy issue with location tracking?