Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitches...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving my model 3 for a few weeks now and have encountered several glitches, and I have some questions. Have others experienced these and do you have any advice for fixes?
- Today while driving with TACC, the UI indicated TACC it was still on, even after I pushed up on the right stalk and braked. It wasn't on (thank God), so I pulled over and did a reboot, which fixed it. But it scared me to see the screen showing it on (blue circle with the current max speed). I had visions of not being able to stop.
- shift to reverse or drive doesn't work: Yesterday morning I couldn't get any response on the screen from either up or down shift lever push (I think it showed 'hold', but never R nor D). I finally pushed up and held it and a message came up saying I needed the key card. Which is odd, because I had my phone, and the doors unlocked for me, and the screen was on. I tapped the key card, and then I was able to shift.
- navigation doesn't offer any route choices--only one is offered. If I look on my phone, I can see two or three route choices within a few minutes of each other. I have the setting configured for 'rerouting' if time savings is more than 2 minutes.
- manual is blank most of the time--I saw this in other threads, and I've done multiple soft resets (push both buttons until reboot). But every time I go to read the manual, the content is blank even though the topics show up.
- no wireless connection. I can't seem to see my wifi in the car even though my phone is able to connect in the garage.
- TLE slow to connect--both in my garage and in the parking garage at work, it takes a long time to connect.

Thanks for any tips.

I've been driving my model 3 for a few weeks now and have encountered several glitches, and I have some questions. Have others experienced these and do you have any advice for fixes?
A) Today while driving with TACC, the UI indicated TACC it was still on, even after I pushed up on the right stalk and braked. It wasn't on (thank God), so I pulled over and did a reboot, which fixed it. But it scared me to see the screen showing it on (blue circle with the current max speed). I had visions of not being able to stop.
B) shift to reverse or drive doesn't work: Yesterday morning I couldn't get any response on the screen from either up or down shift lever push (I think it showed 'hold', but never R nor D). I finally pushed up and held it and a message came up saying I needed the key card. Which is odd, because I had my phone, and the doors unlocked for me, and the screen was on. I tapped the key card, and then I was able to shift.
C navigation doesn't offer any route choices--only one is offered. If I look on my phone, I can see two or three route choices within a few minutes of each other. I have the setting configured for 'rerouting' if time savings is more than 2 minutes.
D manual is blank most of the time--I saw this in other threads, and I've done multiple soft resets (push both buttons until reboot). But every time I go to read the manual, the content is blank even though the topics show up.
E no wireless connection. I can't seem to see my wifi in the car even though my phone is able to connect in the garage.
F TLE slow to connect--both in my garage and in the parking garage at work, it takes a long time to connect.

Thanks for any tips.

A and B - Something is wrong, call Tesla
C - Yep, that's it. If you want to use another option from your phone, send the route to the car from the app.
D - Yep, pretty common, some releases seem better than others. Mine's not working now.
E - Where's the car's antenna? Could be that it is just not able to see it. Try pulling the car in the other direction.
F - What's TLE? Are you talking about the App? Yep, multiple factors can slow it down, car asleep, bad cellular signal. Garages are some of the worse places for cellular connection.

Thanks ewoodrick and VT_EE! Okay, c/d/e/f weren't too hard for me to swallow, but a/b really scare me if I"m supposed to trust the software/hardware to be controlling my car! I'll contact Tesla and see what they have to say. What a shame--it's such a gorgeous creature. To have software issues make us afraid of it... :(

- Today while driving with TACC, the UI indicated TACC it was still on, even after I pushed up on the right stalk and braked. It wasn't on (thank God), so I pulled over and did a reboot, which fixed it. But it scared me to see the screen showing it on (blue circle with the current max speed). I had visions of not being able to stop.
- shift to reverse or drive doesn't work: Yesterday morning I couldn't get any response on the screen from either up or down shift lever push (I think it showed 'hold', but never R nor D). I finally pushed up and held it and a message came up saying I needed the key card. Which is odd, because I had my phone, and the doors unlocked for me, and the screen was on. I tapped the key card, and then I was able to shift.
- navigation doesn't offer any route choices--only one is offered. If I look on my phone, I can see two or three route choices within a few minutes of each other. I have the setting configured for 'rerouting' if time savings is more than 2 minutes.
- manual is blank most of the time--I saw this in other threads, and I've done multiple soft resets (push both buttons until reboot). But every time I go to read the manual, the content is blank even though the topics show up.
- no wireless connection. I can't seem to see my wifi in the car even though my phone is able to connect in the garage.
- TLE slow to connect--both in my garage and in the parking garage at work, it takes a long time to connect.

Thanks for any tips.
Your manual inputs will always override car’s, even with EAP or TACC engaged.

Some folks have trouble with phones, particularly older phones it seems. Folks have reported disconnecting and reconnecting phone will improve situation sometimes.

Manual seems to take awhile to download. I find it loads quick in the garage on Wi-Fi, abysmally slowly over cellular.

My Wi-Fi connects fine so I don’t have anything to offer other than make sure the password you gave it is correct...fat finger mistake type stuff.

Welcome!

shift to reverse or drive doesn't work: Yesterday morning I couldn't get any response on the screen from either up or down shift lever push (I think it showed 'hold', but never R nor D). I finally pushed up and held it and a message came up saying I needed the key card. Which is odd, because I had my phone, and the doors unlocked for me, and the screen was on. I tapped the key card, and then I was able to shift.

This has happened to me a few times as well. I've noticed, though, that it seems to happen when I open a rear door or the trunk to put my backpack in, and disconnect the charging cable, then delay a bit before I open the drivers door and try to drive away. I'm thinking the car might have a time limit between when you unlock with your phone, and when you're allowed to drive away. Swiping my card on the console fixes it every time. Or, getting out, closing the door, letting it lock itself, then starting the whole process over.