Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitchy Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last month or so my car has been experiencing worse and worse audio problems. Seems to be the worst on boot up after the car has gone to sleep. Audio moves around to different speakers, cuts in, cuts out, pops and static. If i do a soft reset while driving that seems to take care of it at first. But then if i stop, like at a light or intersection, it starts doing it again until i start moving again. This affects radio, Bluetooth, streaming, turn signals, etc. Anything you would hear from the car and then some. Even if audio is all the way down i hear some pops and statics. Nothing loud but noticeable given how quiet the car is. Anyone else have this problem? I was holding out hoping it was just a software issue and that a new version would help it but cant take it anymore so i schedule a service appointment.

i'm on 12.1.2. I thought this all mostly occured on the latest update, but my wife says it started while i was on my trip. i got the update right after i got back.

I've tried soft rebooting, hard rebooting and nothing fixes it completely. I'll report back what they say.