TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Glitchy Audio

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by smsiegel33, May 15, 2019.

1. smsiegel33

smsiegel33 Member

Over the last month or so my car has been experiencing worse and worse audio problems. Seems to be the worst on boot up after the car has gone to sleep. Audio moves around to different speakers, cuts in, cuts out, pops and static. If i do a soft reset while driving that seems to take care of it at first. But then if i stop, like at a light or intersection, it starts doing it again until i start moving again. This affects radio, Bluetooth, streaming, turn signals, etc. Anything you would hear from the car and then some. Even if audio is all the way down i hear some pops and statics. Nothing loud but noticeable given how quiet the car is. Anyone else have this problem? I was holding out hoping it was just a software issue and that a new version would help it but cant take it anymore so i schedule a service appointment.

2. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Sounds more like a loose connection, it starts when you move the car. Some type of cable or Antenna.

Fred

3. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

It would be good to post what firmware you're on. Have you tried the shut the car down reset? That seems to cure the symptoms you've described for some people.

4. lharris9

lharris9 Member

I also have this problem on my Model X for the past few months. I have a service appointment in two weeks for this and some other issues.

5. smsiegel33

smsiegel33 Member

i'm on 12.1.2. I thought this all mostly occured on the latest update, but my wife says it started while i was on my trip. i got the update right after i got back.

I've tried soft rebooting, hard rebooting and nothing fixes it completely. I'll report back what they say.