Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitchy Sentry and Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Sentry works when it wants to. Giving me info 32 sentry events but when I go to see there is none or just one 1 sec long. Also i have sporadic sentry clips while driving also 1-2 sec long. Dashcam does not record immediately when started nut has 10-20 min delay. Tesla viewer looks empty no clips but lots of them on the USB. also sometimes my dashcam icon does not pop up after inserting USB. Why I paid that much for this car?

I had similar issue with my Y and replaced my usb drive then reset my screen and works flawlessly...there are tons of threads that explain which usb drives to use. I went with

Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB along with the​

Rocketek Aluminum USB 3.0 Portable Memory Card Reader Adapter for Micro SD Card​

I have the Samsung 256 GB version of the Tesla-branded 128 GB. I partitioned it for music and teslacam. Both partitions were exFat and it seemed to work for awhile then started glitching when I go to look at sentry events. Anyways, I reformatted the exFat to fat32 and it's working again. We'll see if that made any difference.