TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

glitchy/skipping/stuttering slacker streaming music anyone?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by quickstrike12, Oct 20, 2018.

1. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

trying to find a good way to describe it. kinda like its not buffering the music like it used to so it sort of skips and jitters every so often during playback. Its Random but usually every 20-30 sec or so. Ive tried everything i can to fix or isolate the cause. It started on .39 (I'm on .40 now) but is still doing it. Ive tried removing the USB used for dash cam..thinking it was robbing processor power or something....also tried turning off all Navigation and satellite that might steal data usage....and of course not using browser for anything. no change
    the only thing i can think of is I'm having this annoying automated bluetooth music streaming that keep starting in background on phone when i get in sometimes. But even that i have made sure to force quit and stop and it still skips and stutters....

anyone else? just like to know if its an isolated problem to me...
    Thanks

2. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Same here, as soon as I upgraded to 9.0. Though not as bad as yours perhaps, mine has been “skippy” too.

3. TicoMcC

TicoMcC Member

I am on .39 and had the same issues when I had a USB set up and running with the dashcam feature. Skip/stutter all over the place. Once I removed the USB drive, the problem almost completely went away. Only skipped/stuttered occasionally. Though still more often before the update. Hmmm...

4. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Yeah I thought removing the USB helped. Maybe my imagination.....hard to say. It seemed better for awhile but still skipped. It’s so random it’s hard to say. But it’s definitely there and very annoying.

5. MacGreiner

6. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Are we all HW2.5 or higher using the new dashcam USB?
    Looking for commonality

7. mttrskn

mttrskn New Member

Having the same issue in AP2. 2018.39.6

8. mttrskn

mttrskn New Member

Having the same issue in AP2. 2018.39.6

Seems to happen when the map changes views or renders new map data.

9. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Yep, 2.5 using dashcam USB. But my skips are fairly rare, and just for a millisecond on the song. Happens maybe every 3rd song or so.

• Informative x 1
  10. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Respect the mods stay on topic

Sounds like another reason not to install version 9.

• Informative x 1
  11. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

I like version 9 personally, but can’t argue with that. It is one more thing if your on the fence.

12. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Ok well maybe it isn’t related to the Dashcam. So much for that theory

13. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Respect the mods stay on topic

You don't miss split screen functionality?

14. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

No really doesn’t bother me. I am much happier with the controls being on the bottom. I don’t mind jumping into an app to look at something different for a moment if I need to etc....
    I am not one that drives with camera up typically either. Although I get why some like it.
    It’s kinda funny I really like the new 360 IC view for blind spots. But I can’t seem to remember to use it. Lol.
    35 years of driving with mirrors and checking my surroundings is hard to suddenly do anything different.
    I’m trying to use it more, just gonna take time.

• Like x 1
  15. enzo86

enzo86 Member

Same issues here, AP 2.5, V9, USB. Ill try removing the USB key and see if that chanages anything.

16. Tesomega

Tesomega Member

Version 9 has been very good so far.. Few occasional glitches like the OP mentioned (it has happen may be 4 times..over 3 weeks). I am on AP 2, don't have any USB Device plugged in.

I don't miss the rear camera on the screen all the time(have never used it), with 360 view, I have more than enough information to drive safely.

17. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

I don't have USB devices plugged in other then a charger for my phone, and have heard audio skips a few times since the update.

18. TicoMcC

TicoMcC Member

I have a 2017 MS100D AP2.5 and with 2018.39.6 and with the USB hooked up for dashcam, I was getting multiple skips/song. It was really bad. I just updated to 42.2 last night, so I will give it another chance to see if it is still a problem.

On another note, TOTALLY loving the new screen setup giving me back camera on top with music below. Tesla does listen, sometimes.

19. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

This is still happening. Maybe even worse lately.
    I don’t see anyone else too upset about this still so I keep wondering if it’s jut me.
    I am now on .40 software and it’s still an issue.
    Do I have an actual hardware problem or is anyone else dealing with this since V9 ?
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?
    ☹️

20. Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA Member

Yes, I hear it about every 10-20 min and is just a brief studder for me on Slacker. I have a usb connected for dash cam and definitely started with v9, I’m also at .40 FW