Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glitchy/skipping/stuttering slacker streaming music anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
trying to find a good way to describe it. kinda like its not buffering the music like it used to so it sort of skips and jitters every so often during playback. Its Random but usually every 20-30 sec or so. Ive tried everything i can to fix or isolate the cause. It started on .39 (I'm on .40 now) but is still doing it. Ive tried removing the USB used for dash cam..thinking it was robbing processor power or something....also tried turning off all Navigation and satellite that might steal data usage....and of course not using browser for anything. no change
the only thing i can think of is I'm having this annoying automated bluetooth music streaming that keep starting in background on phone when i get in sometimes. But even that i have made sure to force quit and stop and it still skips and stutters....

anyone else? just like to know if its an isolated problem to me...
Thanks

I am on .39 and had the same issues when I had a USB set up and running with the dashcam feature. Skip/stutter all over the place. Once I removed the USB drive, the problem almost completely went away. Only skipped/stuttered occasionally. Though still more often before the update. Hmmm...

I am on .39 and had the same issues when I had a USB set up and running with the dashcam feature. Skip/stutter all over the place. Once I removed the USB drive, the problem almost completely went away. Only skipped/stuttered occasionally. Though still more often before the update. Hmmm...
Yeah I thought removing the USB helped. Maybe my imagination.....hard to say. It seemed better for awhile but still skipped. It’s so random it’s hard to say. But it’s definitely there and very annoying.

You don't miss split screen functionality?
No really doesn’t bother me. I am much happier with the controls being on the bottom. I don’t mind jumping into an app to look at something different for a moment if I need to etc....
I am not one that drives with camera up typically either. Although I get why some like it.
It’s kinda funny I really like the new 360 IC view for blind spots. But I can’t seem to remember to use it. Lol.
35 years of driving with mirrors and checking my surroundings is hard to suddenly do anything different.
I’m trying to use it more, just gonna take time.

Reactions: Buster1
Sounds like another reason not to install version 9.

Version 9 has been very good so far.. Few occasional glitches like the OP mentioned (it has happen may be 4 times..over 3 weeks). I am on AP 2, don't have any USB Device plugged in.

I don't miss the rear camera on the screen all the time(have never used it), with 360 view, I have more than enough information to drive safely.

I have a 2017 MS100D AP2.5 and with 2018.39.6 and with the USB hooked up for dashcam, I was getting multiple skips/song. It was really bad. I just updated to 42.2 last night, so I will give it another chance to see if it is still a problem.

On another note, TOTALLY loving the new screen setup giving me back camera on top with music below. Tesla does listen, sometimes.

This is still happening. Maybe even worse lately.
I don’t see anyone else too upset about this still so I keep wondering if it’s jut me.
I am now on .40 software and it’s still an issue.
Do I have an actual hardware problem or is anyone else dealing with this since V9 ?
Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?
☹️