Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glitchy/skipping/stuttering slacker streaming music anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have audio glitches on all versions since v9. Now with 2019.12. On a 2018 S100D AP2.5 MCU1. They happen from every few minutes to once an hour.

And this is the thing which annoys me the most on the car. A 100k€ car with premium sound should not make music glitches like that. And the only reason is that v9 seems to have been programmed by interns. From the audio glitches, to the corrup fonts, and the nav map full screen rendering slowing down all the interface even when another window is on top, just because they wanted a tiny transparent frame around windows above the map.

The car is awesome, they have hired the best engineers to design batteries, motors and autopilot, but they let interns code the GUI.

I am sure that 95% of the griefs against MCU1 is are only due to the low-quality software running on top.

Reactions: P100D_Me
Anyone here have the latest 2019.16.1 or whatever it is and had a chance to test the streaming music issue?
Fingers crossed the engineers somehow get feedback off the internet, someone posted the issue about the live traffic update rate bug being a major CPU load issue, it would take them 10 seconds to fix it, but only if they know about it and are willing to accept someone outside of Tesla actually found the bug without any help.

Reactions: quickstrike12
I have audio glitches on all versions since v9. Now with 2019.12. On a 2018 S100D AP2.5 MCU1. They happen from every few minutes to once an hour.

And this is the thing which annoys me the most on the car. A 100k€ car with premium sound should not make music glitches like that. And the only reason is that v9 seems to have been programmed by interns. From the audio glitches, to the corrup fonts, and the nav map full screen rendering slowing down all the interface even when another window is on top, just because they wanted a tiny transparent frame around windows above the map.

The car is awesome, they have hired the best engineers to design batteries, motors and autopilot, but they let interns code the GUI.

I am sure that 95% of the griefs against MCU1 is are only due to the low-quality software running on top.

Well put, same experience and I agree 100%

Well after being on 2019.16.2 for a bit now I'm not finding any stuttering issues with Spotify.......oh wait, that's because it doesn't work 50% of the time and I give up! So I'm pretty sure nobody at Tesla is actually trying to make Spotify stable since V9 was released, it just so happens that when it updates it comes good for a few days then back to the usual mess it is.

Well after being on 2019.16.2 for a bit now I'm not finding any stuttering issues with Spotify.......oh wait, that's because it doesn't work 50% of the time and I give up! So I'm pretty sure nobody at Tesla is actually trying to make Spotify stable since V9 was released, it just so happens that when it updates it comes good for a few days then back to the usual mess it is.

2019.16.2 is actually working so much better for me. Still stutter, but much less, and browser is closer to the V8 experience.
Considering it came together with NoA and other new features, this is the best V9 version so far..

I have been battling his issue for what seems like a very long time with last several software updates. None of the updates have made it better at all for me, although it did speed up my browser somewhat now with 16.2

Bit what did work for me is completely minimizing the music app on the screen. Nothing but the Nav map on the entire screen. And low and behold it stopped skipping!
Credit for this goes to another user that mentioned it on a separate thread. I couldn’t believe it. All this time I would have been doing this.
So now I put the music on one of the IC sides so I can see the song playing and artwork.
It’s a workaround and not a true fix but I’m happy to have my music back.

Something is seriously wrong with Teslas software testing and revision control. It seems they fix one bug in a newer version, then use the former version to fix another bug, and then reintroducing the first bug..
2019.16.x and 2019.20.1 where actually pretty decent in regards to Spotify and browser, still had the occasional stutter in Spotify and browser was still far from V8 speed.
Then 2019.20.2.1 came along - supposed to be a minor update from 20.1 - but now browser is slow again and Spotify is even worse than before, now pausing playback completely while reloading for seconds, maybe 30 times for some tracks,even with full LTE or Wi-Fi.
And whats even worse.. Now nothing improves this.. Drawing board in the background, disabling online traffic etc.

Something is seriously wrong with Teslas software testing and revision control. It seems they fix one bug in a newer version, then use the former version to fix another bug, and then reintroducing the first bug..
2019.16.x and 2019.20.1 where actually pretty decent in regards to Spotify and browser, still had the occasional stutter in Spotify and browser was still far from V8 speed.
Then 2019.20.2.1 came along - supposed to be a minor update from 20.1 - but now browser is slow again and Spotify is even worse than before, now pausing playback completely while reloading for seconds, maybe 30 times for some tracks,even with full LTE or Wi-Fi.
And whats even worse.. Now nothing improves this.. Drawing board in the background, disabling online traffic etc.

After picking up our Model S "RavenRefresh" is is obvious that it is a MCU1 issue. Both of our other S & X's were MCU1 and stutter, the new MCU2 Model S has not skipped / stuttered one time.

Well all us MCU1 owners are in trouble then, Tesla treat everything like a phone app, now they have better hardware to play with it's too bad so sad for the old stuff.

But this is completely unacceptable. I did not pay for a very expensive car, with the promise of OTA updates and improvements - to find out that the features I use daily do not work, and has lower priority (if any) than advanced games for MCU2 owners and farting apps.
Listening to Spotify has been either annoying or completely impossible since V9 was introduced.

But this is completely unacceptable. I did not pay for a very expensive car, with the promise of OTA updates and improvements - to find out that the features I use daily do not work, and has lower priority (if any) than advanced games for MCU2 owners and farting apps.
Listening to Spotify has been either annoying or completely impossible since V9 was introduced.

agreed :( Spotify has only got worse with v9!

one thing I found helps is if you tap the music icon again it’ll close the Spotify window so it’s just maps on background

I started using my USB for dashcam and Sentry again last week. Since then my Slacker radio skips and stutters like mad. I haven't used dashcam & USB in many months before this and the streaming has been fine.

Now I'm torn with removing my USB again to free up processing power for the radio. Uggg.

I switched to using Apple Music from my phone. Now there's no glitching, and I can stream or download songs to play from my phone. I thought it would be inconvenient to have to manually start the music, but it starts automatically.

Yeah, I’m sadly starting to lean that way too... just doing music through the phone. It frustrates me that it skips and a lot of my TuneIn Podcasts aren’t updated with the new shows/music...and they fail to play or skip a lot too.