Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Earth Denial - Discuss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Behold the Flat Earthers worst nightmare; The German Equitorial Telescope mount....

The only way for it to keep a star in the scope with one axis is if it's polar aligned and the Earth is a Globe.

Ast_equatorial.gif

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
Not sure why you bring up AGW/anti-vaxxer.

Because it's the same cognitive disfunction that drives all this nonsense. You find a fiction that fits with some part of your ideology and build a narrative to support it by molesting 'facts'. You fabricate the illusion of some sick kind of 'balance' where none exists. There's no evidence that vaccines are unsafe, that CO2 doesn't drive climate change or that the Earth is flat. It's all equally absurd.

• Love
Reactions: tomas and gavine
Behold the Flat Earthers worst nightmare; The German Equitorial Telescope mount....
I'll have to think about that geometry, but I like Neil Tyson's simple observation that Earth's shadow on the moon is always a crescent. I think he also needed to point out that this is true no matter where one is on Earth but the argument is elegant.

I cannot stomach flat-Earthers long enough to listen to them, but perhaps someone who has can tell me: Do they have an argument why the Earth cannot be spherical ?

I'll have to think about that geometry,

It's fairly simple. Once an equatorial mount is polar aligned (axis of rotation is parallel to Earths axis) it just needs to spin at the same rate and in the opposite direction to keep an object in the scope. This is only possible if the Earth is a sphere. If you were on a disk this would only work at the pole OR you would need to move BOTH axis. It's something that most people never really think about but it's crazy obvious once you do.

While silly and sad... the flat Earth belief does show just how broken a mind can get to support a narrative. There are actually flat Earthers that argue the sky is fake to support their worldview....

There was never a consensus for global cooling. The consensus has been for global warming since ~1900.

Which fact do you think is not true?

1) CO2 levels have risen >40% since humanities fossil fuel addiction started
2) The burning of Fossil Fuels has emitted more than twice as much CO2 as would be required for that rise
3) Doubling CO2 will cause a rise in global average temperature of >3C.

The radiative properties of CO2 have been known and tested for >100 years... How can all 3 be true but Global Warming false?

Carbon is a natural organic good thing....makes my kale grow bigger and gooder

Kale also needs a stable climate;

CO2 also causes... Higher Sea Levels and more coastal flooding, Sea water contamination of ground water, Depletion of glacier fed water supplies, More severe Floods,
More Severe droughts, More severe hurricanes, More severe weather, More wildfires, more asthma from wildfires, ocean acidification, species loss, increased disease spread, spread of invasive species like the bark beetle, increased tree loss, due to bark beetle, famine due to drought, increased conflict due to resource scarcity, increased heat waves, increased cold snaps due to instability in the jet stream, significantly higher insurance rates due to severe weather, increased political instability due it climate migration, loss of coral due to bleaching, economic damage from loss of tourism due to coral bleaching, lower output from nuclear and solar facilities due to higher ambient temperatures, increased electricity use due to wider climate swings.

• Informative
Reactions: traxila
If you believe (it IS a belief...an act of faith..) that you - YOU - living is a pollutant - destroying the earth - you have but ONE option - bullet? rope? ?
What do YOU favor?

LOL; I produce >20MWh/yr of CO2-free energy annually and only use ~half of it... I'm a net positive. How about you? ;)

I also install >20kW/yr... hopefully ramping up quickly... the PV systems I've installed have generated >600MWh so far. How much solar have you installed?

So... I favor more wind and more solar :)

Meanwhile back in the real world - a dose of climate reality for the science-challenged AGW zealots here:

Of course you can't refute any of this on a rational factual basis so I can't wait to see the virulent cognitive dissonance, appeals to authority, name-calling, and general science denial kick in with the AGW kool-aid drinkers here. Please discuss.:D

Meanwhile back in the real world - a dose of climate reality for the science-challenged AGW zealots here:

Of course you can't refute any of this on a rational factual basis so I can't wait to see the virulent cognitive dissonance, appeals to authority, name-calling, and general science denial kick in with the AGW kool-aid drinkers here. Please discuss.:D

LOL.... that's some good anomaly hunting. Yep... weather is messy. It's called GLOBAL warming for a reason. AVERAGE global temperatures will rise. Some regions can see cooler temperatures as climate patterns shift but GLOBAL averages rise. For example if the gulf stream is reduced by melting ice temperatures in Europe could fall significantly.

Is this not cause by thermal expansion? Hmmm... perhaps tiny rocks falling into the ocean.

slr_sla_gbl_free_txj1j2_90_400.png

So where did the science go wrong? Enlighten us...

2) The burning of Fossil Fuels has emitted more than twice as much CO2 as would be required for that rise

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
LOL.... that's some good anomaly hunting. Yep... weather is messy. It's called GLOBAL warming for a reason. AVERAGE global temperatures will rise. Some regions can see cooler temperatures as climate patterns shift but GLOBAL averages rise. For example if the gulf stream is reduced by melting ice temperatures in Europe could fall significantly.

Is this not cause by thermal expansion? Hmmm... perhaps tiny rocks falling into the ocean.

slr_sla_gbl_free_txj1j2_90_400.png

So where did the science go wrong? Enlighten us...

Just as I figured, you can't refute any of what the video showed so you try to deflect. I forgot to add deflection to the list of usual alarmist cognitive dissonance tactics when confronted with the truth.

BTW this is absolute nonsense:

You have no empiric proof of that whatsoever.

Just as I figured, you can't refute any of what the video showed so you try to deflect. I forgot to add deflection to the list of usual alarmist cognitive dissonance tactics when confronted with the truth.

Work on your reading comprehension....

BTW this is absolute nonsense:

You have no empiric proof of that whatsoever.

LOL....

Effect of Carbonic Acid on the Oceans and Atmosphere

The Long Term Impact of atmospheric CO2 on the climate

Carbon Dioxide Absorption in the Near Infrared

More CO2 = Warmer air = more water vapor in the air = more rain and warmer temperatures PHYSICS

If there's no global warming... why are the oceans rising? Why is shipping through the N pole suddenly possible?

Last edited: