Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Map of Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Not sure if someone posted this....but had a thought. Since all our cars have 3G connectivity, do you think Elon has a global map that show's all the cars in the world? I think that would be cool. You can track every single Tesla in the world.

Just a thought....figure we must have signed some kind of waiver for Tesla to collecting data.

e4

Doesn't google use their Android phones out in the marketplace to determine traffic congestion?

Similar - I don't think it's a wild thought that Tesla wouldn't have the ability to track every Tesla automobiles - considering they own the wireless connections.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice map!

Count me out. This is just too creepy, by a large margin. You do know about the Wiki map I maintain? It only shows about 10% of Tesla vehicles, but it's probably a good representative sample.
Tesla Model S X Reservations and Deliveries

Count me out. This is just too creepy, by a large margin. You do know about the Wiki map I maintain? It only shows about 10% of Tesla vehicles, but it's probably a good representative sample.
Tesla Model S X Reservations and Deliveries

An anonymized and fuzzed map of all the existing cars would be neat. It's certainly no less creepy than the fact that Tesla knows my username on here, can from that look up my car's VIN, peek at my home address, and have the closest service center call me about something I posted. On top of that, they know exactly where I am... well, where the car is, though that's usually where I am. Hopefully some of that stuff is privileged access only. (I've been OK with that because I've got some benefit out of it and so far they're being responsible with my data.)

Certainly a generalized map is less creepy than that.

Doesn't google use their Android phones out in the marketplace to determine traffic congestion? Similar - I don't think it's a wild thought that Tesla wouldn't have the ability to track every Tesla automobiles - considering they own the wireless connections.

Yes, they do, though you can opt out. Pretty sure Apple does as well. Tesla definitely knows where you are. The smartphone app requests that information from them, not the car directly.

Last edited:
A reminder that TMC=Tesla Motors Club has no affiliation with Tesla Motors. We use the logo on our website by permission, but Tesla doesn't have access to any personal information here except that which you choose to make public on your Settings page, etc.
I'm sure that's the case, and I certainly didn't intend to imply otherwise. What I meant is that Tesla IS closely watching what's said here and actively attempts to link users here to the data they have on buyers, and that having an anonymized map is less intrusive than that.

Edit: And to be clear, my username is similar in both places, so making that particular link in the chain is not very surprising.

Last edited: