Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Model S & X orders now on hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Received the following from tesla overnight regarding my Model X order. Was scheduled for Nov 2022, now..who knows? Presumably more information on what the core supply issue is will surface shortly

Hi​
We’re contacting you regarding your Model X order RNXXXX​
As we ramp production, launch timelines for global markets have been placed on hold. We will update your estimated delivery date in your Tesla Account as the production of your Model X approaches. In order to prioritise existing orders like yours, we will temporarily stop accepting new Model S and Model X orders in global markets.​
We will continue to honour the price at the date of ordering. If you would like to apply your order fee to a different vehicle or receive a full refund, contact your local Tesla Centre to speak to a Tesla Advisor.​
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Thank you @FlatSix911 .. that article did not come up when I searched! The positive is that demand is outstripping supply. But that does mean a long time in the Australian market (like the EU) where there have been no new cars to sell. More time for other manufacturers to catch up. China tensions too likely to cause more issues than less .. crazy world atm

Reactions: FlatSix911
Thank you @FlatSix911 .. that article did not come up when I searched! The positive is that demand is outstripping supply. But that does mean a long time in the Australian market (like the EU) where there have been no new cars to sell. More time for other manufacturers to catch up. China tensions too likely to cause more issues than less .. crazy world atm
I agree that this is a supply issue that hopefully will be resolved in the second half of 2022.

I think there's a good chance that they might cancel RHD production all together. I hope not, but it's a real possibility. Remember they used to have two lines for S/X, but as Raven demand dropped, they consolidated to one line. I can't see them investing in a new second production line.

This is a perfect scenario for the big euro brands; audi, merc, porsche, bmw etc. The market leader is no longer an option so they have 1 to 2 years to catch up and then compete

Except the legacies in the BEV space have exactly the same supply chain and ramp-up issues, and have desultory vehicle allocations for Australia which sell out in a few hours. Unless you mean people will buy European ICE vehicles instead 😱

This is perfect for the big euro brands; audi, merc, porsche, bmw etc. The market leader is no longer an option so they have 1 to 2 years to catch up and then compete
Except the legacies in the BEV space have exactly the same supply chain and ramp-up issues, and have desultory vehicle allocations for Australia which sell out in a few hours. Unless you mean people will buy European ICE vehicles instead 😱
No definately not suggesting ICE as an alternative. Terrible thought.
Its interesting that the constraints dont apply to the model 3, which is why I’m hesitant to accept that all brands will cease production of their EV’s

I recieved the same email regarding my Model S Plaid order today. I placed the reservation ages ago before the substantial price increase so hoping they stick to their word of honouring the price.

I went to the website and you can still place an order for a Model S but all the pricing seems to have disappeared and it now says nothing about delivery time where before it said "estimated delivery late 2022"