Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gloss Black Tesla Emblem (front and back)

Dreborn

Jun 29, 2021
Los Angeles
I know Tesla has cracked down on people selling them but anyone have good experience finding gloss black emblem? i am PPF xpel stealthing my S plaid and I want a little black gloss pop for front and back emblem

i know the carbon fiber one on amazon has good reviews but I rather black gloss than carbon fiber

thanks!

DMateo

Jul 18, 2021
US
I know Tesla has cracked down on people selling them but anyone have good experience finding gloss black emblem? i am PPF xpel stealthing my S plaid and I want a little black gloss pop for front and back emblem

i know the carbon fiber one on amazon has good reviews but I rather black gloss than carbon fiber

thanks!
Similar scenario for me, but I just decided to get a new set from Tesla and am having the shop doing the tint/ppf spray/clear coat them for me.

headcase

Jan 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I ended up going to my local Service Center and was able to order the front emblem, rear emblem, and PLAID badge via this post from MarcG. Although the part numbers are all the same, you need a VIN so that the order can be entered into the system.

Fortunately by having a VIN for my car that is arriving next week, I was able to get my order in so that the parts will arrive when my car arrives. Makes it easy so I can take all of that to my detailer for the chrome delete of those three parts.

Reactions: DMateo

Bull

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
I ended up going to my local Service Center and was able to order the front emblem, rear emblem, and PLAID badge via this post from MarcG. Although the part numbers are all the same, you need a VIN so that the order can be entered into the system.

Fortunately by having a VIN for my car that is arriving next week, I was able to get my order in so that the parts will arrive when my car arrives. Makes it easy so I can take all of that to my detailer for the chrome delete of those three parts.
I also ordered a PLAID badge a couple weeks ago to put back on after PPF. That order held up my delivery briefly until it was cancelled. Apparently they cannot schedule a delivery while there are parts orders pending. I cancelled the order and got my car. Order is back in now.

headcase

Jan 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I also ordered a PLAID badge a couple weeks ago to put back on after PPF. That order held up my delivery briefly until it was cancelled. Apparently they cannot schedule a delivery while there are parts orders pending. I cancelled the order and got my car. Order is back in now.
Interesting - thx for the heads up. Will see if the same happens to me.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC