Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gloss Black Wall Connector in, Mobile Connector out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes no sense. I am sure it is just a mistake or they are out of stock on the UMC. That is a critical thing for them to sell.

I could see them decommissioning the Corded Mobile Connector, though it still has a purpose - it is the only thing that lets you use a NEMA 14-50 to its fullest. I wish they would sell it for like $400. At that point it would be a good solution for a lot of folks to be their "keep at home" unit while using the UMC Gen 2 that comes with the new cars in the car.

Reactions: renambot
This makes no sense. I am sure it is just a mistake or they are out of stock on the UMC. That is a critical thing for them to sell.

I could see them decommissioning the Corded Mobile Connector, though it still has a purpose - it is the only thing that lets you use a NEMA 14-50 to its fullest. I wish they would sell it for like $400. At that point it would be a good solution for a lot of folks to be their "keep at home" unit while using the UMC Gen 2 that comes with the new cars in the car.

The CMC is certainly the only thing that allows you to charge at 40A from a NEMA 14-50 socket. There are several third-party EVSEs with a NEMA 14-50 capable of 40A charging, such as the Maxx-40. You would probably want to buy an extra J1722 adapter if you are buying one of these. You can also attach a NEMA 14-50 pigtail to the Wall Connector.

Ordered a gloss black wall connector two days ago and it arrived today.
IMG_0173.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: eprosenx