Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy Yellow Wrap Completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fiance's car is at the Raleigh, NC service center until Monday sometime. So, if you end up stopping in you can probably check it out. :p

A few customers there had already asked the service rep where it got done.

Next time bring it to Charlotte and I'll go take a peak! ;) That said, hopefully it doesn't need to go back into a service center anytime soon!

What did you end up doing about the door handles and how did the wrap hold up over the winter?

Handles are back to chrome.

Wrap held up pretty well. It's going back soon for a quick tuneup of two little spots that keep acting up (bubbles) near the side markers, but that's it.

2015-02-05 14.54.25-1920.jpg

Handles are back to chrome. Wrap held up pretty well. It's going back soon for a quick tuneup of two little spots that keep acting up (bubbles) near the side markers, but that's it.

View attachment 79068

What is your expected life for the wrap, and does it have the easy-cleaning features of OptiCoating and similar products? Given the limited range of color choices from the factory, a basic white with a $2k wrap is intriguing vs. Pearl White with after-purchase paint correction and OptiCoating. Was the wrap work done in NC? Thanks.

Cool! Has anyone in Northern California done a colored wrap? Looking for a reputable place to get it done in the future.

Steve, Vincent at OmegaWerks in Pleasanton does PPF, wraps and tinting. He has done PPF on both of my Tesla's and is considered one of the best in the area. He is typically backed up about a month in advance but worth the wait. One thing to note....wraps are vinyl and while they change the color to anything you want, they are not PPF and are considerably thinner and damage far more easily than PPF film. They can look really cool, such as the yellow of the OP which IMHO is one of the best I have seen.