Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy Yellow Wrap Completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yellow-tesla-in-UI.jpg

This hack was long overdue for my wife's car. :)

Oh man that's cool!...

• Helpful
Reactions: Funhouse
There is a new internal variable called GUI_carColorOverride as of 7.0. I haven't figured out the exact format, but it appears to be four comma delimited values with the first being the hue value from 0 to 359. The last appears to be a saturation value from -100 to 100, and the other two seem to be for reflectiveness and some white.

Seems to require a restart to take effect, so I tinkered with it on my bench until I found some combination that fit my wife's car. :)

Her car still appears as pearl white in the mobile app.

Reactions: CMc1
There is a new internal variable called GUI_carColorOverride as of 7.0. I haven't figured out the exact format, but it appears to be four comma delimited values with the first being the hue value from 0 to 359. The last appears to be a saturation value from -100 to 100, and the other two seem to be for reflectiveness and some white.

Seems to require a restart to take effect, so I tinkered with it on my bench until I found some combination that fit my wife's car. :)

Her car still appears as pearl white in the mobile app.
Hi, what is the original value for midnight silver gray and how do I do to change this value for GUI-carColorOverride?

Hey, I just joined because I saw your (wife's) Tesla while I was in Hickory the other night. It looks amazing in person! IGoogled 'yellow Tesla' and with just a couple of clicks I ended up here, haha.

Attachments

• Yellow Tesla.jpg
    Yellow Tesla.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 20160805_201929-1.jpg
    20160805_201929-1.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 156