Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glove Box LED light replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 MS 85 RWD that I am trying to change the LED stock light from Tesla with one of the brighter LED from Abstract Ocean. The problem is the glove box light seems to be glued into the track because no matter what I do it will NOT budge at all. Has anyone come across this same issue? I apologize if this question was already brought up, please DON'T jump down my throat. Thanks!

Don’t recall this being one of the difficult ones when I changed my set. A couple do feel like they are in with something strange holding them.

Have you tried a small flat screwdriver with a cushion under it to protect the glovebox surface? The alternative is to remove the glovebox and ‘atttack’ from above but i don’t know how trivial that is. I know people have done that.

Bro I tried everything. I swear if I keep going I may end up ruining my glove box. I watched over people do it on youtube with ease. Just pops right out and i'm like WDF is wrong with mine? I don't have the premium package which I see now comes with more lights (wondering if I can install more after the fact) but yea....Not sure what my issue is. Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I had one of the floor lights that snapped in so hard I had to push it from the back to avoid marring the front surface. And the rear liftgate on the X is similar. You wonder if there is enough parts variation that snapping in an OEM one may be very hard to ‘just spudge out’ sometimes.

The best bet may be to look up how to remove the whole glovebox. Let us know how it goes!

Yeah, I had one of the floor lights that snapped in so hard I had to push it from the back to avoid marring the front surface. And the rear liftgate on the X is similar. You wonder if there is enough parts variation that snapping in an OEM one may be very hard to ‘just spudge out’ sometimes.

The best bet may be to look up how to remove the whole glovebox. Let us know how it goes!

I hear ya. So I finally got it! I took my car out of the garage and into the parking lot of where I lived and just kept playing with it. It took way more effort than I though it should have but I got it. It did look as if It had glue around the base of were the light sits. I will post a pic of the OEM light.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.JPG
    IMG_3889.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 118