Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glove box stuck closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

6 months old Model S. I tried to open the glove box today but pressing the glove button does nothing. Actually, the button seems to be stuck as it doesn't appear to make any contact thus not releasing the opening mechanism. Any ideas?

P.S. Car is not in valet mode. Tried soft-resetting to no avail. Thanks.

Just had mine fixed. my glove box switch got stuck. they just pulled it apart and reassembled it from what I understand. they ordered another one just incase I had the same problem again to have it on hand. I only have mobile service in my area.

Just had mine fixed. my glove box switch got stuck. they just pulled it apart and reassembled it from what I understand. they ordered another one just incase I had the same problem again to have it on hand. I only have mobile service in my area.

On another thread, several of us have noticed our emergency flashers no longer work. I winder if it's the same stuck button thing. It sounds like I need to take the registration and proof of insurance out of the glove box just in case. Given my luck, I'll get pulled over, and the glove box won't open.