Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glove box won't open after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's conceivable that as all deliveries are now coming from China & quality is significantly improved then it follows that SCs will spend less time on rectification & fire fighting... freeing up time to conduct proper PDI checks, proactive support etc.
Feels like they are selling more cars than the speed at which service centres are opening though. But hopefully you are correct.

So my car was towed on Saturday for a parking brake that would not release.
Recovery company did not drop it off at the Birmingham Service centre until Tuesday but once they had it they fixed it the same day (left hand vehicle body control module replaced whatever that is) and I collected the car today.
All fine on the drive home but when I got there and started to put all my stuff back in the car the glove box would not open. just totally dead no click nothing.

I removed most of my stuff from the car on Saturday before it was towed and it was working normally then.

The obvious conclusion is that service have done something like disconnect it and not reconnect it again.
In addition to the brake issue they also did the standard mod for early RHD cars to waterproof the harness so they would have been messing around with the wiring at the front of the car.
I put it in valet mode for the towing company which I think deactivates it and the frunk but its not in valet mode now and the frunk is fine.
I have also done a reboot.

before I call them up to complain and get told just to book another service (including two 80 mile round trips to drop off and collect of course)
I'm not missing anything obvious am I? The button is not greyed out so I'm pretty sure the car thinks it should be working?
I just bought a 2017 S. Shipped from Texas and got it two days ago. Glove box and flasher buttons don’t work. No clicking no nothing. WTH? I’m not the only one I guess. So is there a fuse, what do I do? Will it even pass a safety inspection?

I just bought a 2017 S. Shipped from Texas and got it two days ago. Glove box and flasher buttons don’t work. No clicking no nothing. WTH? I’m not the only one I guess. So is there a fuse, what do I do? Will it even pass a safety inspection?
Was not a fuse in my case. It was unplugged somewhere under the passenger seat i think. Dont know much about MS but on the M3 the fuses are electronic i.e they reset automatically i think? So unless its a software glitch and reboot fixes it you are looking at a trip to a service centre i think. Would not pass a safety inspection (MOT) in the UK for sure.