Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox scratches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what to do here? Such an eyesore on the passenger side!
I had the same problem. Unfortunately, the scuff won't come off. The best solution I found was to cover it with alcantara.

It looks great now and It's so much more resistant to scuffing. A word of caution though, when installing, it takes a lot of patience and carefully stretching the material to cover the panels evenly. If you pull any one edge too hard, you will end up deforming the material and it will look terrible. I'd even suggest buying two kits so you can practice putting it on.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Every car I've had -- scratches on the glove box. Cause -- wife dragging her purse in and out of the car ...
This Tesla is not as prone to it as the other cars, due to the shape of the dash.
Solution -- haven't found one -- except for not taking the wife with me -- and that's not a good solution.

That is a great idea for alcantara. My 2020 MYLR had tons of scratches there and looked terrible. Purses are to blame, but also shoes, groceries or anything that brushes up against it. Its just too soft of a plastic.

Too bad that the glovebox suede is combo'd with a piece for under the steering wheel otherwise it would be cheaper, but its still cheap enough.