Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox SSD Error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my MY. Transferred the SSD from my M3 and plugged into the glovebox USB, and I get the following warning message:

“Dashcam usb drive not plugged into glovebox. Sentry mode will consume additional power”.

Any ideas what this means? Seems to be working fine, but the error message triangle is always visible.

Just took delivery of my MY. Transferred the SSD from my M3 and plugged into the glovebox USB, and I get the following warning message:

“Dashcam usb drive not plugged into glovebox. Sentry mode will consume additional power”.

Any ideas what this means? Seems to be working fine, but the error message triangle is always visible.
I know stupid question, did you format it with the right folder names?

Came here to write the same thing. Transferred my Samsung SSD T5 from an 2019 Model 3 and put it in my 2021 Model 3. Formatted the drive using the car and it took a while. It’s formatted properly now and can save clips however I am still getting that stupid error.

PS: hubby keeps breaking the cruise control limit not me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 816
I had the same error message when I was installing the Samsung T5 to my 2021 Model Y.
Then I found out it is because the model Y 2021 already has the Tesla USB installed in the glove box. Wasn't aware of that.
So I took out the T5, returned it and everything is great now.

Any update on this? Getting the same error with my T5. Considering that I’m seeing reports of the Tesla USB sticks failing after a few months (not surprised), would really prefer to stick with my SSD.

So I've been ignoring the error and leaving my T5 plugged into the glovebox, but today started getting a USB device error message (UI_a112) that kept chiming as I was driving... so that's not gonna fly.

My only remaining theory is that I need a better USB cable, so I've ordered one that's USB 3.2 compliant. In the meantime, only viable option is to use the Tesla-provided USB stick, which is neither large enough nor robust enough for the number of sentry events that get saved.

Any chance this could be somehow related to the 'Loading Error' I get when I plug my thumb drive into the USB-C port in the console to play music?

I used it in other cars and it worked perfect. In my Y I bought an adaptor so it would work in the USB-C.

All of the music is listed on the screen, but it shows 'Loading Error' when I try to play any song.

I’ve been getting this error since I took delivery back in March. I’m getting a little tired of seeing the white triangle all the time. I also get a sentry mode error if I leave it on for more than five hours. Assuming the two issues are related?

Attachments

• D3EB66C1-9535-4A32-B5A7-F6B6E20F8DAF.jpeg
    D3EB66C1-9535-4A32-B5A7-F6B6E20F8DAF.jpeg
    782.7 KB · Views: 473
  • 8FBB5E1D-72A0-4017-8E94-F092DEEBCE86.jpeg
    8FBB5E1D-72A0-4017-8E94-F092DEEBCE86.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 480
If you are looking for an affordable alternative to the Tesla USB thumb drive consider the SanDisk USB adapter w/High Endurance microSD card (128GB or 256GB.) My Model Y did not come with the Tesla USB thumb drive (early vehicle, VIN 10xxx). I have been using the Sandisk USB adapter and a Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card (128GB) for more than a year with no issues.

If you are looking for an affordable alternative to the Tesla USB thumb drive consider the SanDisk USB adapter w/High Endurance microSD card (128GB or 256GB.) My Model Y did not come with the Tesla USB thumb drive (early vehicle, VIN 10xxx). I have been using the Sandisk USB adapter and a Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card (128GB) for more than a year with no issues.
I’m going to look into this. Thanks.

Just to update ... this worked! No more white triangle and no more Sentry errors. Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Went away for a while then returned. I'm using the Tesla supplied 128GB USB. I had mobile service look into this since they were installing homelink. He was unable to correct it. I do know that the Linux USB controller is very dynamic.

Just to update ... this worked! No more white triangle and no more Sentry errors. Thank you!
Good to know; did you go with the Sandisk bundle of the USB adapter and the Sandisk High Endurance microSD card or use a different microSD card such as the Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card? When I purchased the Sandisk USB adapter there was no bundle available.