Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox SSD Error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know; did you go with the Sandisk bundle of the USB adapter and the Sandisk High Endurance microSD card or use a different microSD card such as the Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card? When I purchased the Sandisk USB adapter there was no bundle available.
I got the Sandisk High Endurance microSD and adapter bundle on Amazon. They have a bundle available for the 128GB and 256GB.

Reactions: jcanoe
Really wish this issue was resolved. I’ve had it since June 2020. The error message pops up multiple times a drive- even sometimes in the middle of the night while in camp mode!

I have a Tesla 128GB USB stick. I’ve tried everything, service has even replaced my USB ports on last visit, which took 4 days. 🙄

The error is happening more than ever and is making me consider selling this POS and getting a new one.

I have had this active alert on my new Model S since day 1 (it's now a month old). However, I am able to record dashcam videos, so perhaps this error is a bug itself? Also I don't really understand the error - if there wasn't a USB device plugged in, why would that take more power? Wouldn't it just not record the dashcam?

I have had this active alert on my new Model S since day 1 (it's now a month old). However, I am able to record dashcam videos, so perhaps this error is a bug itself? Also I don't really understand the error - if there wasn't a USB device plugged in, why would that take more power? Wouldn't it just not record the dashcam?
I worked out how to fix this in case anyone is interested. I found this video:
explaining what to do. Basically, remove the USB drive, perform a reset (hold down both wheels on the steering wheel/yoke, wait for the system to reboot, plug back in the USB stick. When I did this, the error went away

I finally was able to get rid of the error message but for me, it wasn't related to the TeslaCam USB but rather, I had USB port hubs connected in the center console that wasn't playing right with the car. Once I removed that hub (and used different hub), the error message stopped. Its been 2 weeks now error free. Same TeslaCam USB too.

If you are looking for an affordable alternative to the Tesla USB thumb drive consider the SanDisk USB adapter w/High Endurance microSD card (128GB or 256GB.) My Model Y did not come with the Tesla USB thumb drive (early vehicle, VIN 10xxx). I have been using the Sandisk USB adapter and a Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card (128GB) for more than a year with no issues.
I use this with the 256GB card. No problems on 2021 MSP plugged in at glove compartment.

explaining what to do. Basically, remove the USB drive, perform a reset (hold down both wheels on the steering wheel/yoke, wait for the system to reboot, plug back in the USB stick. When I did this, the error went away
Yea this actually worked, 2021 Model S here, alert most likely populated after I connected my GoPro10 and had it charging on the usb c in the center console.

No more alert.

Thank you.

This worked for me too on a recently delivered 2022 MY without plugging anything else in. Just with the stock TESLA drive. Tried another drive and error wouldn't go away so found this and tried it and worked like a charm with my 480GB extreme duty SSD.