Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox Won’t Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, friends—

My glovebox won’t open. I’ve looked online for different home remedies and haven’t had any luck. Anyone have this problem before and had success trying something? Would love to know how to fix this without having to bring it in.

(Voice control and homepage button both make the glovebox clicking noise, but it doesn’t release or open)

Thanks!

Reactions: MikkoJ
I've had my glovebox replaced twice and adjusted one other time due to this issue. Luckily this is something a ranger can fix so if they are available in your area you won't need to take it in.

Related: I don't keep my registration in the glovebox anymore

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
Just to keep this updated (for now) in case anyone has similar problems in the future and finds this post. We attempted everything suggested in this post, as well as the instructions from you YouTube video. No luck getting it open. I submitted for a service request this morning and received a message within an hour that it qualifies for mobile tech. So now it’s just waiting time until our appointment in 10 days. In the meantime, we’re going to continue trying different things and I’ll be sure to post a success story if we’re able to find a way. Thanks for all the help so far!

Reactions: Elektrick
Just to keep this updated (for now) in case anyone has similar problems in the future and finds this post. We attempted everything suggested in this post, as well as the instructions from you YouTube video. No luck getting it open. I submitted for a service request this morning and received a message within an hour that it qualifies for mobile tech. So now it’s just waiting time until our appointment in 10 days. In the meantime, we’re going to continue trying different things and I’ll be sure to post a success story if we’re able to find a way. Thanks for all the help so far!
What did the service end up doing to resolve it?