Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glow on the gauge cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this glow on the gauge cluster last night after charging. Its now cleared but has anyone else seen this before?

Conditions:
The car was in the middle of charging. I disconnected the plug and went to hop in an noticed that the gauge cluster was dark. Initially hitting the brake did nothing. But after a couple of attempts I was able to hit the brake and put the car in Reverse. Once in reverse the display turned on as you see in the pictures and stayed that way till I parked the car and left it alone for 20 minutes. I attempted to reboot the display but it would not reboot or respond to the steering wheel reboot sequence. I could change displays on the left and right side but I would not get it to reboot.

Upon returning to the car 20 minutes later it had the glow but not as bright. It was not till letting the car sit another 20 minutes that it finally went back to normal.

Anyone seen this before? What is the cause?

IMG_1128.JPG

I got this glow on the gauge cluster last night after charging. Its now cleared but has anyone else seen this before?

Conditions:
The car was in the middle of charging. I disconnected the plug and went to hop in an noticed that the gauge cluster was dark. Initially hitting the brake did nothing. But after a couple of attempts I was able to hit the brake and put the car in Reverse. Once in reverse the display turned on as you see in the pictures and stayed that way till I parked the car and left it alone for 20 minutes. I attempted to reboot the display but it would not reboot or respond to the steering wheel reboot sequence. I could change displays on the left and right side but I would not get it to reboot.

Upon returning to the car 20 minutes later it had the glow but not as bright. It was not till letting the car sit another 20 minutes that it finally went back to normal.

Anyone seen this before? What is the cause?
/QUOTE]

I saw something like this once...I remember it was the day after the initial autopilot roll-out (I was running the first AP software release). We took the car to go out to dinner...when we came back to the parked (not charging) car, I sat down in the driver's seat and hit the brake pedal, and the IC looked roughly like what's in your screenshot. The "solution" was to reboot the IC, after which everything seemed to be normal, and we drove home without further incident. My assumption was that this was a software bug...haven't seen anything like it before or since.

bmah is correct. Someone else posted about this same issue and it was determined to be a software problem. Reboot.
curiously enough, a reboot didn't fix the issue. Rebooted both the instrument cluster and the center console display and no dice. I guess I had to do a hard reset and turn off the car completely from the settings menu. Maybe that might have worked.