Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glowing Climate icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not seen that.

The blue snowflake remains, indicates that the battery is cold.

What is the state of the Tesla Model Y as far as battery state of charge? Is the Tesla vehicle plugged in? If you did not activate the climate control (fan icon), is Scheduled Departure Preconditioning set?

Upvote 0
Tonight I saw it glowing after a drive, after plugging in. It's not glowing now, regardless of scheduled charging or scheduled departure

I'm super-curious as to WHY it glows sometimes. I'm even more disturbed that NO ONE seems to be talking about it.. I've confirmed with others, it's indeed glowing sometimes. Nothing in documentation, and I can't find anything in the forums about it. I actually wrote to Elon and Mars tonight, maybe one of 'em will reply with some explanation

Upvote 0
Take a photo. I don't think any of us understand what you're really talking about.
So it hasn't happened today, but when it does the Climate icon softly glows in and out. Like a halo effect, that pulses. I've verified I wasn't losing my mind and everyone else sees it too! haha

What I'm wanting to figure out, is WHY does it glow? What does that indicate? I've searched high and low all over the web and forums, nothing out there at all that I can find. Next time it happens, I'll post another photo with current conditions.

Attachments

• AF7135A1-CE18-4AB4-AEB8-8AE658CE01C9.png
    AF7135A1-CE18-4AB4-AEB8-8AE658CE01C9.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0
So it hasn't happened today, but when it does the Climate icon softly glows in and out. Like a halo effect, that pulses. I've verified I wasn't losing my mind and everyone else sees it too! haha

What I'm wanting to figure out, is WHY does it glow? What does that indicate? I've searched high and low all over the web and forums, nothing out there at all that I can find. Next time it happens, I'll post another photo with current conditions.
The next time you observe the Climate icon glowing intermittently I suggest opening the Climate Control functions with the app and see what functions are active. (Don't forget to scroll down within the Climate control screen to see the "defrost car" button.)

Reactions: Trip McNealy
Upvote 0
The next time you observe the Climate icon glowing intermittently I suggest opening the Climate Control functions with the app and see what functions are active. (Don't forget to scroll down within the Climate control screen to see the "defrost car" button.)
The pulsing glow has only appeared when climate is turned off, if you turn it on the glow stops

Whether plugged in or not

Upvote 0
The pulsing glow has only appeared when climate is turned off, if you turn it on the glow stops

Whether plugged in or not
If you tap on the Climate label on the main screen within the Tesla app the Climate Control options are displayed. The climate control does not turn on until you tap the button with the word "On" beneath the button on the lower left

Reactions: jakimo
Upvote 0
If you tap on the Climate label on the main screen within the Tesla app the Climate Control options are displayed. The climate control does not turn on until you tap the button with the word "On" beneath the button on the lower left
Now you've got me wondering a theory: that during pre-conditioning, before the Climate turns full on, perhaps the pulsing fan is indicating that defrost has begun without turning on the whole Climate unit

I'll certainly post after I have another experience with it =)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0