Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glowing Climate icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed this for several weeks and i have an untested theory:

The climate icon has 3 states indicate the following:
  • Dim: climate is manually turned off. In other words, it was turned off while in the vehicle and won't turn on automatically when you get in and sit down.
  • Lit: climate is currently active and cooling/heating the vehicle.
  • Glow/Pulse: Climate is currently inactive BUT will activate when you get in the car. This is the state it would be in if you had the climate on when you last exited the vehicle. It's ready and waiting for a driver.
Thoughts? Anyone care to prove/disprove my hypothesis?

Reactions: Deutsch100
Upvote 0
I'm glad SOMEONE else has chimed in! haha

I'll have to consider this one. So one (just dim fan) is turned off BEFORE exiting, so just off off. The other is dim because everyone left the car, but when it's glowing or pulsing it's simply saying it'swilling and ready to turn back on the moment someone comes back to the car

Am I getting that right?

Upvote 0
I just got to work and checked the app when I got to my office. The fan icon is not pulsing. I didn't touch the climate control when parking, just got out like usual. The Y is set for scheduled departure from work at 4:30 so I will check prior to leaving and during the day today to see if it is pulsing at any time.
Very curious about this, I have some ideas but I need more data.

Upvote 0
I've noticed this for several weeks and i have an untested theory:

The climate icon has 3 states indicate the following:
  • Dim: climate is manually turned off. In other words, it was turned off while in the vehicle and won't turn on automatically when you get in and sit down.
  • Lit: climate is currently active and cooling/heating the vehicle.
  • Glow/Pulse: Climate is currently inactive BUT will activate when you get in the car. This is the state it would be in if you had the climate on when you last exited the vehicle. It's ready and waiting for a driver.
Thoughts? Anyone care to prove/disprove my hypothesis?
It's always dim when the car is asleep so the first item - while it may be true - isn't the only case where the icon is dim. And it's not the third item. My climate is set to auto so is always on when I get into the car. No pulse. Mine also doesn't pulse when charging, I checked it last night while the car was charging.

Upvote 0
It's always dim when the car is asleep so the first item - while it may be true - isn't the only case where the icon is dim. And it's not the third item. My climate is set to auto so is always on when I get into the car. No pulse. Mine also doesn't pulse when charging, I checked it last night while the car was charging.
I see no pulsing of the climate contol icon on my iPhone Tesla app (current app.) I always precondition before driving using the app and I always leave the climate control set to On, Auto when I exit my Model Y.

Reactions: DanDi58
Upvote 0
2 ideas, sort of opposite to each other:

1. Could it be battery freeze protection? So just using enough heat to keep the battery at a good temp, but not a full precondition?

2. Climate is available at low-ish SOC? Does not really make sense when plugged in though, should always be available.

Nah, both of those don't make sense.

C. Maybe a climate pre-warm, just enough to keep the system warm enough to not emit a cloud of fog for 3 seconds on power up? (have had this happen several times).

Upvote 0
My car is parked nearby an airport right now and it’s not too cold, yet that Climate glows!

Attachments

• FD673506-A065-4A61-AC61-8D2D2C955DA4.jpeg
    FD673506-A065-4A61-AC61-8D2D2C955DA4.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Arthur31
Upvote 0