Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glowing Climate icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that fits with my previous comment. The app might just be indicating that it's running the fan to dry the ac system.
The Tesla vehicle will only run the HVAC fan to dry the evaporator coil in warm weather. The AC does not run often in cold weather, just enough to reduce moisture from inside the cabin. Mold and mildew can only start to grow when the temperature is at least 70F (21C.) This will not be the case in winter.

Upvote 0
Perhaps the pulsing climate also can refer to cooling the battery? It must have to do with temperature control of some sort, since it's a Climate icon after all..

I reached out to someone at Tesla, and they're pretty sure (though not 100%) that it has to do with cooling or warming functions to keep the Tesla at better stand-by temperatures. I'll keep prodding though, for a final answer

Reactions: morsecp
Upvote 1
I think it means that it is slightly heating up the cabin. I haven’t used the car in 4 hours so there’s no reason for it not to be at the same temperature as the exterior. Also, a couple of hours ago the interior was at -9 while the exterior was -12 so it somehow heated up
58D14AF9-94A1-44D6-AE8A-EB4177786A90.png
001E6C57-6DB7-41DE-A937-F53EBD6B21BC.jpeg

Upvote 0
I’ve seen this glowing climate icon before. When I force close my app and reopen it, it goes away. That shouldn’t actually change any climate settings in the car. Could just be a bug. Or, it’s doing something it needs to like many other functions we’re unaware of, and this one just happens to have an indicator.

Upvote 0
How do you manually precondition your battery for charging?
You don't do anything specific to precondition the battery. The Tesla Model Y's battery management system will warm the battery as needed during the climate control preconditioning period, prior to charging (if the battery is too cold to start charging.) if you see the red icon next to the battery icon on the Tesla app that looks like a heating grid with three heating elements (or strips of bacon) then the battery is being warmed. The Tesla Model Y does not have to be plugged in while preconditioning but a typical preconditioning period will use 1 or 2% of the battery, even up to 3% in cold weather.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else out there seen the pulse of 2022? 🤣
Yes, I've noticed it before but never really paid attention to it till tonight. It's pulsing while charging and temps read 69 interior, 66 exterior. I do have Sentry active so I wonder if that means the camera heater is on to keep the glass clear? There's definitely no documentation on this that I'm aware of.

Reactions: outdoors
Upvote 0