Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glowing Climate icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we sure someone didn't just photoshop this, and then others copy/pasted the image, and it's all a fun prank?

This is so baffling to me, definitely have my popcorn, following along at home.

Have not seen this ever, and I've been looking for it.
I’ve noticed it down here in Florida. Hadn’t really cared enough to go down the rabbit hole on this but do occasionally poke into this thread to see if someone has solved it.

Reactions: DanDi58 and OxBrew
Upvote 0
Are we sure someone didn't just photoshop this, and then others copy/pasted the image, and it's all a fun prank?

This is so baffling to me, definitely have my popcorn, following along at home.

Have not seen this ever, and I've been looking for it.
This is not coming from 1 or 2 users. Many people have seen it. Add climate icon to quick access and see if you get it this winter. It seems to only does that when it’s cold out

Reactions: OxBrew
Upvote 0
This is not coming from 1 or 2 users. Many people have seen it. Add climate icon to quick access and see if you get it this winter. It seems to only does that when it’s cold out
I had really hoped this was the case as it did tend to point towards a purpose.

I see it on both our Y and 3 here in NC in the summer.

Really wish I hadn't found this thread 9 months ago now because it does still gnaw at me that there is something clearly happening not mentioned in the tech order.

First 🍺 on me for whomever figures it out.

Reactions: OxBrew
Upvote 1
I have watched for it, but never seen it:
1. Cabin Overheat selected ON and activated above 105F, HVAC running- NO.
2. Cabin Overheat Armed On, but not yet at 105F, HVAC Not running-NO.
3. Climate set to Remain ON, and HVAC Running (cooling)-NO.
4. Climate set to Remain on, and HVAC Running (heating)-NO.
5. Climate set to Remain on, car at desired temp. HVAC not running-NO.
6. Windows Vent Open position via App.-NO
7. After driving HVAC Running cooling battery-NO
8. Defrost set to on-NO.
9. Seat heaters in Auto or ON in manual mode-NO.
10. RECERC on or off-NO.
11. BIO On or Off-NO.
12. Battery Pre-Conditioning for Tesla Supercharger-NO.

I give up…I can’t get it to glow, pulse.🥴

Upvote 0
It’s happening right now. Got back from a drive about 2 hrs ago. It’s 99F in the garage and car is 98F inside.

F663D623-BA5B-41FE-911D-BF9D93276AD9.jpeg

Upvote 0
It can't exactly be a bug. Someone had to create those graphics at some point, for something. That's it's showing in any particular case may be a bug, unless it has a correct case, and it's just not been found yet.
It could be that the graphic was designed for something that hasn't been released yet or something that was abandoned. Makes the most sense that it's a bug if it goes away with an app reset. Also, it makes sense that it's a bug considering nobody seems to know what it does -- seems like it would be documented somewhere and someone would have figured it out by now.

Upvote 0
Have at seen it for a while

It’s come and go very rarely during the summer, it’s now in the sixties and I’ve seen it softly glow and sometimes strongly pulse

Throwing it out stopped it this evening, which is very curious to me. Glitches don’t animate glowing icons. There’s a reason it gets triggered, but I’ve had little success finding anything but folks guessing

The folks at my Tesla store have no idea..

Upvote 0
Have at seen it for a while

It’s come and go very rarely during the summer, it’s now in the sixties and I’ve seen it softly glow and sometimes strongly pulse

Throwing it out stopped it this evening, which is very curious to me. Glitches don’t animate glowing icons. There’s a reason it gets triggered, but I’ve had little success finding anything but folks guessing

The folks at my Tesla store have no idea..
I saw this today for the first time. Wasn’t sure what caused it but I do have my vehicle shared with my sister and she was manipulating the climate at the same time. So maybe that’s what caused it? Also, my wife’s phone did not have the glow indicator while we were checking at the exact same time. additional data: I left the house in a separate vehicle but prior to leaving opened the Tesla to get something out. When I got to where I was going I got an alert the climate control had been left on. I turned it off and that’s when I saw the glow first. My other guess is it has to do with the fan to dry out the vents like other. It was 72 inside but don’t recall how much it was in the garage. I can’t believe no one has solved this in 2 years.

Upvote 0
Doing a pulsing glow in the background, while driving. Wife is driving back from Seattle right now, in central Wa, clear and dry outside, I'm at home checking the app.

Fans on, no a/c, 80 inside, 73 outside, she probably has the windows down and the music cranked.

Just one more data point, and now I believe you all. was a skeptic. Still no idea what it means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doing a pulsing glow in the background, while driving. Wife is driving back from Seattle right now, in central Wa, clear and dry outside, I'm at home checking the app.

Fans on, no a/c, 80 inside, 73 outside, she probably has the windows down and the music cranked.

Just one more data point, and now I believe you all. was a skeptic. Still now idea what it means.
Killed the app, checked again. Still glowing, but interior temp dropped to 67. I bet she had just turned on the A/C.

Could it just indicate some A/C state? A/C is actively cooling, not just on? (assuming the compressor/heat pump cycles on/off as needed?)

Upvote 0