TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GM exec: 100, 200 miles on a charge may be coming

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by richkae, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Interesting story. The company in question could do quite well if the tech is cheap enough to adopt.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

#3 VolkerP, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    "These little mammals come out of nowhere, and they surprise you," the dinosaur said in response to a question about the species' long-term survival strategy. :cool:

Edit: I sure wish that GM sells a Volt with 100 miles electric range at no additional weight/cost/interior space intrusion increment. But by the mentioned time horizon of 5 years, Tesla will eat their lunch with Bluestar then.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Well-played sir :)

4. mt2

mt2 Member

Uh, yeah. It was.

5. richkae

richkae VIN587

Very nice. This is a very rich vein that should be mined further...

When pressed about the dwindling food supply the dinosaur continued, "Clearly, we are too big to fail." and "Meteorite, shmeteorite, these climate change alarmists are perpetrating a hoax on the dinosaur public. I'm not a scientist, in fact my brain is the size of a walnut - but clearly they are lying."
    The brontosaurus opined "when we run out of trees, we'll eat the saplings. When we run out of saplings, we eat the shrubs. When we run out of shrubs, we move on to Mesopotamia. I hear they have trees that will last forever - they'll welcome us as liberators."
    The t-Rex was unconcerned "I don't see how the lack of trees matters to me. I don't eat trees, I eat the brontosaurus. I don't need trees."