Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when GME tanked yesterday, to around $126 and trade was halted, I put in a market order and ended up snagging it at $120. That increased my GME holdings 50% (to 3 shares lol). As I type this, it's now $380 at an overall cost basis of $103.
I have a limit sell order set for $420.69 (recoup all of my initial investment and then some). Will hold my other 2 shares till the end game happens (whatever that is). If it dips to around $200 again, gonna reload.
I’m in. Three shares.

Ride or die for the common man!

I don’t know what that means. I saw it on Reddit

I still have like 15 shares of GME. At various points in this I had a max of 500 and 10 $115 calls for Feb 19th. The brokers potentially cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars during these shenanigans.

As a believer in the free market I'm mad. As someone who grew up in fairly modest means and who now has done well but is still getting *sugar* on by the uber-wealthy, I'm pissed. As someone who just believes in fairness I'm mad.

But seriously though, what IS the endgame? I mean I think the ideal endgame is to bankrupt all the hedge fund shorties (dust them via Iron Man snap), but I don't think that's gonna happen. So what is a more realistic endgame for us "retail investors"? I mean we have to cash out at some point? Can't hug GME forever. That's the ultimate goal, right? All the Joe Schmoes take the Wall St shorty's money in a massive wealth redistribution. But when is the trigger supposed to be pulled? $5k? $10k? 25k?

And when that happens, GME is gonna crater like never before.

But seriously though, what IS the endgame? I mean I think the ideal endgame is to bankrupt all the hedge fund shorties (dust them via Iron Man snap), but I don't think that's gonna happen. So what is a more realistic endgame for us "retail investors"? I mean we have to cash out at some point? Can't hug GME forever. That's the ultimate goal, right? All the Joe Schmoes take the Wall St shorty's money in a massive wealth redistribution. But when is the trigger supposed to be pulled? $5k? $10k? 25k?

You are free to sell whenever you want. That’s how the market works.

The scope here is to bankrupt the criminals that manipulated the market for so long and to hopefully change the system.

There is power in numbers. The ants realized that.

My opinion around market mechanics is you just shouldn't be able to ... sell stocks you don't own (aka naked shorting)

That is NOT what naked shorting means!

Normal Shorting is:
  • locating a share which is available to borrow
  • borrowing it
  • THEN selling it
  • buying it back later
  • then returning it to it's owner
Naked shorting is when a Market Maker skips some steps:
  • FIRST then sell it
  • then they are supposed to locate the share
  • then they are supported to borrow it
  • problem is when they don't even try to locate shares
  • buying it back later, there's no owner to return it to
  • the cost to borrow shares isn't reflected in the Market
  • Broker violates economic laws of supply and demand
Great part? This is ALLOWED for MMs in the Options market under SEC Rule SHO, the Market Makers exemption to the prohibition on short selling.

The theory is that options trade too quickly too locate shares in a timely manner, and that the Broker will just locate the shares in the due course of business.

Except they don't, and as long as the keep the revolving door of short/rebuy/short going at least as quickly as 13 days, they NEVER have to even report their Fail-to-Deliver (FTD) numbers to the SEC.

Using this method, MM's in conjunction with in-house or closely held Hedge funds are able to keep a short position open INDEFINATELY, without paying interest, on an unlimited number of shares, for an infinate period of time WITHOUT ever reporting the fact to the SEC.

THAT'S Naked Shorting.

Last edited:
FYI, you can rent an AMC theater for 99-199 bucks depending on the movie. Up to 20 guests. I've done it before and I'm doing it again this Sunday. It's a very unique experience that you won't be able to do any other time.

AMC is headquartered down the street from me so I'm rooting for them from that aspect too. I always hated Gamestop to be honest but now I'll go out of my way to shop there.

It's hard to say what the hoard thinks is the end game. I get the feeling that many feel that a 1k share price is the end point, of course if everyone thinks that it can't happen...

I bought 5 GME yesterday and will buy 5 - 7 more today. All money I can lose. Just buying out of principle. After watching the hedgies short and distort for years and try to kill good companies like Tesla, they are now getting it back.

Also, all that naked short selling manipulation the market makers have been doing for years against Tesla and probably others. It's been so blatant. I don't feel bad for them one bit.

Best of luck to the shorts and market makers in locating all the shares they need. Perhaps with the brokers not allowing purchases they'll be able to get the shares they need, but in the meantime I'm going to make it slightly more difficult for them.

Is Reddit WSB becoming like the stock radio shows of the 1920's ?

Should I listen to my Barber for stock advice ?

Are we near a market collapse ?

It seems to me the situation is completely different.

The issue here is this “retards” and “autists” actually understand what happened and how some funds do naked shorting and manipulate the market.

They understand the rules of the market and the legal binding contracts of each trade. And they understand the funds that were short will need to cover, at any price, until completely dried.

Your barber talks about that, and how he wants the criminals to be punished? You got a great barber then.

The only people that die in wars are little guys, doesn't mean you shouldn't fight them. These clowns will have to take the most overt and unfair actions imaginable to stop this, and it'll be right in the spotlight. That's the whole idea.

That was never the whole idea. The whole idea was that someone in 2019 found a way to possibly get really rich, and screw a hedge fund doing so. At first he was laughed at; it took more than a year before they started believing him. Then the Wallstreetbets 'degenerates' started doing what he was doing, with the same goal: get rich quickly, and screw a hedge fund doing so. They took their stimulus checks, the little savings they had or maxed out their creditcards to buy 100 shares at $15 or 10 shares at $40, in the hopes of being able to pay off their student or car loans, and maybe even become a millionaire. Only recently did it become an ideological battle.

That was never the whole idea. The whole idea was that someone in 2019 found of a way to possibly get really rich, and screw a hedge fund doing so. At first he was laughed at; it took more than a year before they started believing him. Then the Wallstreetbets 'degenerates' started doing what he was doing, with the same goal: get rich quickly, and screwing a hedge fund doing so. They took their stimulus checks, the little savings they had or maxed out their creditcards to buy 100 shares at $15 or 10 shares at $40, in the hopes of being able to pay off their student or car loans, and maybe even become a millionaire. Only recently did it become an ideological battle.

having an ideological aspect makes everything more powerful. Like making money and stopping climate change

upload_2021-1-29_9-13-39.png

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1354690631948324868?s=20

That was never the whole idea. The whole idea was that someone in 2019 found of a way to possibly get really rich, and screw a hedge fund doing so. At first he was laughed at; it took more than a year before they started believing him. Then the Wallstreetbets 'degenerates' started doing what he was doing, with the same goal: get rich quickly, and screwing a hedge fund doing so. They took their stimulus checks, the little savings they had or maxed out their creditcards to buy 100 shares at $15 or 10 shares at $40, in the hopes of being able to pay off their student or car loans, and maybe even become a millionaire. Only recently did it become an ideological battle.
And it really became an ideological battle when they restricted trading in certain stocks. That was like throwing (edit) pouch cell lithium-ion batteries into a fire.

Last edited:
I’m sure a gas tank is still a better analogy. That *sugar* explodes instantaneously. The batteries will take a while. I know I’m being pedantic, but you are wrong in your analogy.
I thought we were trying to replace gasoline. Have to go for those corner cases too. Dumpster fires. Charging station fights (with pouch cells)

Edited my original to make it more realistic.

having an ideological aspect makes everything more powerful. Like making money and stopping climate change

What's happening now is that the little guy is being joined by the 1% (yes, most of us are part of the 1%). The little guy just wanted to become rich fast, the 1% is already rich and is joining for the ideology, the fun, the thrill or to screw the shorts.