Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WSJ article about losses at Melvin and others. It talks about the knock on effects of degrossing where the funds have to sell their longs. It also predicts that short funds will be modifying their strategies going forward to not short thinly traded stocks, and to not disclose their short positions. That last one is interesting. The SEC does not require hedge funds to disclose short positions (but they do require reporting of longs, which makes zero sense, another example of a special rule for the well connected). But in recent years the short funds thought it would be a good idea to disclose short positions so that others could ride of their coattails and make the short positions even more powerful. HA HA HA. I guess they never thought others would bet against them. Hubris.

WSJ News Exclusive | Melvin Capital Lost 53% in January, Hurt by GameStop and Other Bets

So according to wsj Melvin covered its positions. So back to normal on Monday ?

What about the silver target ?

Bullion Dealers Face Sudden Shortage As Reddit-Raiders Take Aim At Silver | ZeroHedge

The WSJ said no such thing. It said "Melvin has massively de-risked its portfolio, a client said". Which can mean a lot of different things. What we do know, is that GME is still shorted more than 100% of its float. So the short squeeze on GME will play out even more this week.

If you are trying to get rich off the reddit army, good luck!

The WSJ said no such thing. It said "Melvin has massively de-risked its portfolio, a client said". Which can mean a lot of different things. What we do know, is that GME is still shorted more than 100% of its float. So the short squeeze on GME will play out even more this week.

If you are trying to get rich off the reddit army, good luck!

Thankx you're right I was a bit fast to conclude.
Not trying to get rich off Reddit, just scared of the effects on tsla.

The silver thing is obviously being run as a distraction to stop people from piling into GME more. They are flooding message boards with diversionary tactics, this is a real information war going on. All part of the playbook too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...ortant_gme_short_attack_tactics_predicted_in/

I mean, we've watched the shorts doing everything in this playbook for 5 years to TSLA. Nothing here is new to us, we've seen it all before. The fact that they have been not only allowed to but encouraged by the so-called "regulators" to run this playbook again and again, now on Gamestop, is proof that they control the entire corrupt system from top to bottom and quite frankly I'm still amazed we made it and are all still here posting with TSLA at a $800 billion or so market cap. Had the shorts had their way, TSLA would not even exist anymore. Which is of course what they are trying to do to GME now.

3E15B693-0223-4E5D-AE99-7A0707F526F8.jpeg

wonder who lobbied for killing it... :rolleyes:

Who or what is this? https://twitter.com/KjetillStjerne

WSB seems to be confident that's a long with tons of money:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...his_war_on_our_own_but_we_have_a_big/glf3eie/

This true?

In case you weren't there live with the rest of us apes...

15 minutes before close on Friday, a huge 3500 sell order for $245 was listed on the boards and was being laddered down to hit it to trigger any $250 stop losses and hunt for more on the way down.

AS THE SELL ORDER HIT THE BOARD... A 15,000 Buy order for $250 popped up like Gandalf at Helms Deep.

That buy order instantly chewed through every sell order in front of the $245 order, and the price shot to $315.

A second 8000 sell order for $285 was posted 1 minute before close, and a solid wall of ****ing justice popped up with a 13,000 share buy order for $290 and a second 5000 buy order for $310.

There was a HUGE player behind us Friday...

It was ****ing magical.

Everyone here needs to read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._real_reason_wall_street_is_terrified_of_the/

There are indeed a number of things that just don't add up about GME and this post gives a very good hypothesis as to what is really going on.

So question....
If it is true that ALL the GameStop shares are owned and almost no one is actually selling and WE do not want any more Shorting of anything, doesn't that mean when a broker can not locate a share for a buyer then that platform (like Robinhood) should stop letting customers buy that stock? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either THEY can short a share and let you buy it or THEY can not short and when they run out of shares you can no longer buy them.... no matter which company you trade with.

Thoughts everyone?

I think if any of you go and spend even 30 minutes reading in the WSB GME subreddit this weekend, you will see the true story that isn't being properly portrayed in the mainstream media and financial journalists. Dig past the memes and jokes as there is amazing due diligence posted on there at the level of what I read here, but there is definitely a much higher signal:noise ratio there so you have to dig deeper. Hedge funds have the MSM/financial website people in their pockets and the blatent illegal activities being performed by the hedge funds short GME and the distraction and smear campaigns against GME and WSB is worse than I have ever seen against Tesla/TSLA. This is all the same fight that we went through from 2013-2020 (and continuing today of course).

If you spend that time to read the WSB side of the story from the source, I am sure you will feel compelled to join the fight and buy even a token number of GME shares Monday - money you are willing to lose to support these people calling out the corrupt system, but still with a decent chance of a significant profit if the squeeze happens like it should. The only way the squeeze doesn't happen at this point is if the Wall St. players manage to cheat their way out of it. Even buying one share helps. I personally sold out Thursday but then realized the mistake I had made and bought it all back Friday. This is as much being part of a positive protest movement as possible financial gains.

This is not advice and I am not a financial advisor. I just feel very strongly about this and I know you battle-tested TSLA holders would do the same if you dig deeper than what you are hearing on MSM/financial websites (hmm, where have we all heard that kind of argument before??). :)

I'm in GME but the huge difference for me between it and Tesla is I don't think the company is anything special outside of the specific circumstances at this moment in time. GME is no TSLA.

I have 1 share of GME with a sell limit set to $10,000,000. LOL, maybe there will be some glitch and it actually goes though. I feel the same way about GME VS TSLA having a huge difference.

TSLA is a unique business/company: potential unlimited growth due to sales/market takeover (Things real and tangible)
GME is a unique stock: potential unlimited share price due to it's short potions by hedge funds ("Numbers in a database")

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Who or what is this? https://twitter.com/KjetillStjerne

WSB seems to be confident that's a long with tons of money:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...his_war_on_our_own_but_we_have_a_big/glf3eie/

This true?
Yeah, I posted that yesterday. If it's true, it's a big deal. As much as retail wants to think they have the power to move markets, what happened Friday looks a lot more like a whale who is backing the long side. Whoever they are, it sounds like they are on the same crusade as the retail traders too and they are deploying their own bot to counter the short bots.

Currently I have 250 GME and I'm holding. I'm debating if I'll add to my meme stake or not on Monday, if it dips I'll chip in some more and help stop short ladders. I don't have the resources this guy does but I do know opportunity when I see it, if he's backstopping on ladders, every push down is a buying opportunity.

I went into GME on Wednesday around $300, buying 200 shares, then sold 150 on Thursday around $400, so my remaining 50 shares are basically free (I already got back my money), so I am willing to hold that indefinitely to help the squeeze, and do not care if the value drops to zero (if shorts win using whatever dirty tricks).