Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think by holding, DFV legacy will last longer than Bezos in the history books.
Would that be worth 20 million?

He’s got 13 million or more cashed out in options already.
And his case for buying GME wasn't the squeeze. That came later from others. He actually figured out a business model that could work for them and that's why he invested the money.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
I think by holding, DFV legacy will last longer than Bezos in the history books.
Would that be worth 20 million?

He’s got 13 million or more cashed out in options already.
I'd have loved to see GME to do something with this opportunity for its employees, customers, or find a way to achieve some fundamental good that lasts long term that our favorite company does in spades.

Agreed that some hedge fund managers had to retreat licking their wounds, but it looks like they will live to fight.

What I want to see most out of this is fundamental regulartory change where they cannot hide behind disclosure requirements.

Last edited:
I'd have loved to see GME to do something with this opportunity for its employees, customers, or find a way to achieve some fundamental good that lasts long term that our favorite company does in spades.

Agreed that some hedge fund managers had to retreat licking their wounds, but it looks like they will live to fight.

What I want to see most out of this is fundamental regulartory change where they cannot give behind disclosure requirements.

“Agreed that some hedge fund managers had to retreat licking their wounds, but it looks like they will live to fight.”

you misspelled “steal and manipulate the markets.” ;)

What I want to see most out of this is fundamental regulartory change where they cannot hide behind disclosure requirements.
Yes, GameStop issuing shares at $500/share to raise couple hundred of millions to fund a lawsuit against wallstreet would have been terrific

It's noble idea. But looks like GME is an imperfect vessel.

Agree that its noble. Not sure that $GME is imperfect though. Imagine them as a future martyr for r/WSB.

And since they really are a bricks'n'mortar vidgame reseller, there are no real world consequences if they go under (unlike the climate disaster that would be baked in if Telsa had been killed by shortzes in 2018/9).

I kinda like this GME choice. It's kinda like a proxy war in Korea: Superpowers measuring and testing eachother.

But bottom line, if this ends in Bankruptcy for Gamestop, the Politicians WILL get involved. It'll be a rallying cry for the youth, and they are gaining influence.

I do think GME is the opening gambit in a much larger campaign, as we see AMC and the dozen or so other equities involved. Somebody ought to coach their Execs on 'share dividend splits' and 'at-the-market' cap raises.

Cheers!

Where are you pulling the current short interest from? All I can find are the nasdaq reported ones, which are at least 10-days old. The only "evidence" I've seen, are the ones reported in the news, which you seem to be disagreeing with (since they all say that short-interest has significantly dropped).
I'm not "pulling the current short interest" from anywhere. I have no data on what it actually is. I don't believe the various short-sellers self-reporting. I don't believe sources that are simply guessing. I am observing that in order for short-sellers to have gotten out of their positions, the evidence from a couple of weeks ago is that they would have had to buy greater than 100% of the GME existing shares. I haven't seen that kind of action yet. Have you?

So I am guessing they are just sitting on their short, propped up by their buddies, and waiting for the excitement to subside. If they are just paying their interest on borrowed shares with no particular worries, then they have no deadline and they can outlast the ephemeral excitement. The only way to hold their feet to the fire eventually will be for GME to take some corporate action that requires all shares to be accounted for.

Why will their buddies pitch in? Because if they admit to the counterfeit share fraud then the entire game is over and the players have to find something new. So best for them that they hide it. The real question here is whether the r/WSB guys are in for the long haul. I know I'm happy to provide support and I haven't bought any shares I can't hold forever. I think it will be hilarious to have a shareholders' meeting where pretty much all the actual shareholders are insiders and r/WSB guys.

I'm not "pulling the current short interest" from anywhere. I have no data on what it actually is. I don't believe the various short-sellers self-reporting. I don't believe sources that are simply guessing. I am observing that in order for short-sellers to have gotten out of their positions, the evidence from a couple of weeks ago is that they would have had to buy greater than 100% of the GME existing shares. I haven't seen that kind of action yet. Have you?

So I am guessing they are just sitting on their short, propped up by their buddies, and waiting for the excitement to subside. If they are just paying their interest on borrowed shares with no particular worries, then they have no deadline and they can outlast the ephemeral excitement. The only way to hold their feet to the fire eventually will be for GME to take some corporate action that requires all shares to be accounted for.

Why will their buddies pitch in? Because if they admit to the counterfeit share fraud then the entire game is over and the players have to find something new. So best for them that they hide it. The real question here is whether the r/WSB guys are in for the long haul. I know I'm happy to provide support and I haven't bought any shares I can't hold forever. I think it will be hilarious to have a shareholders' meeting where pretty much all the actual shareholders are insiders and r/WSB guys.

If you're holding GME out of solidarity, then I've nothing to say, but if you're trading on this "evidence", then you're setting yourself up for some serious pain.

The sell-ladder spikes could also be explained as people selling out their call options. Delta hedging works in the reverse direction when ITM (or even NTM) call options get closed. That's not evidence of shorts piling in.

Uncle Jim is wondering what is 'short ladder attack.?'. He has never heard of it apparently and he thinks that is fiction that the WSB retards have invented.

upload_2021-2-2_18-53-20.png

If you're holding GME out of solidarity, then I've nothing to say, but if you're trading on this "evidence", then you're setting yourself up for some serious pain.

The sell-ladder spikes could also be explained as people selling out their call options. Delta hedging works in the reverse direction when ITM (or even NTM) call options get closed. That's not evidence of shorts piling in.
How many times do I need to repeat that there is no evidence of the short position in GME disappearing that I have seen. So I'm not trading on any evidence. What evidence have you seen that makes you think you have any idea what's going on? Statements by people with an interest in the outcome that might be lies are not to be relied upon. Such things are not evidence.

And in any case, I'm not trading. I'm trying to support stock action that will blow up the shorts. I don't particularly care if I lose money, so long as it helps to send a clear and lasting message.

Best quote ever, from the recent Elon Musk interview by Sandy Munro (44:47)

"There is a perniciously false 'effective markets' argument made for shorting, but it is bias disguised as virtue" -- Elon Musk​

Lol. Mike drop moment. Of course, what Elon meant to point out is the 'efficient markets' argument, but hey we understand your point! :cool:

Cheers!

Best quote ever, from the recent Elon Musk interview by Sandy Munro (44:47)

"There is a perniciously false 'effective markets' argument made for shorting, but it is bias disguised as virtue" -- Elon Musk​

Lol. Mike drop moment. Of course, what Elon meant to point out is the 'efficient markets' argument, but hey we understand your point! :cool:

Cheers!
that quote may referred to this? - "short selling plays an important role in public markets, improving price discovery and rational capital allocation, preventing financial bubbles and finding fraud"

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger