Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM's new EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw all of GM's upcoming electric vehicles: EV Hummers, huge Cadillacs, new Bolts E/UVs — AMA at 7 p.m. ET - Electrek

Here’s are some quick impressions to get things started:

GMC Hummer EV truck
Fun-looking vehicle with Hummer heritage and large format. Inside and out matched rugged looks.

GMC Hummer EV SUT
Pretty much the same, but more like an SUV.

Cadillac Lyriq
This is the SUV we’ve seen images of before, and it will be the first car on GM’s BEV3 platform. The interior was gorgeous and to be honest the first Cadillac that I’ve ever seen that I’ve lusted after. We’ve seen the outside.

Cadillac Celestiq
This is an out-there kind of luxury station wagon with an extremely futuristic look. It’s quite large yet looks like it could also be incredibly fast. The model didn’t have a finished interior, so obviously more to come here.

Bolt EV 2021
I talked about Bolt EV in my post linked above, but it really did address all of the complaints I had in 2017. But it’s now 2020, and the BEV 2 platform is showing its age.

Bolt EUV
The long-rumored longer Bolt EV with Supercruise. How does it stack up? More info in the link above.

Buick SUVs
These were clay models but looked like they follow the Lyriq format with a downmarket interior.

Cadillac Celetsiq, Lyriq GMC Hummer and other future GM electric cars detailed

"The Celestiq is a beautiful vehicle, and it is very much intended for future production. Neither Reuss nor Murphy would comment on production timing, but they said the Celestiq would be individually hand-built, with a high level of personalization based on customer preferences. Murphy appeared excited that Cadillac would finally be able to coach-built vehicles again, harking back to the brand’s early years. For us, it has us excited about the brand’s electric future."

GM Unveils Battery with Capacity Twice as Big as Tesla’s

"
Battery Price Drop Should Be Game-Changing
General Motors claims that through its joint venture with LG Chem, announced late last year, will drive their battery costs down to below $100 per kWh. In 2019, battery prices averaged $156 per kWh, a BloombergNEF (BNEF) analysis found, which was down from $1100 per kWh in 2010.

BNEF has estimated that it won’t be until 2024 that the average battery price falls below $100/kWh. If GM does reach that price before then, it would make their EVs much more affordable relative to others on the market. Nonetheless, the automaker didn’t divulge a timeline for when its venture with LG Chem would produce the batteries at that cost."

Cadillac Celestiq Renderings Imagine Large, Luxurious Sedan

cadillac-celestiq-renderings.jpg

Calm down, just someone's render of what it may look like.